Places to go, things to do
Being involved with your local community or just getting out of the house to enjoy your favourite activity, find some company, or go shopping are all important aspects of healthy living.
If you want to find a local group, activity or event in your area to join, try searching here on Staffordshire Connects. Just click on the menu below to find organisations and groups in your local area.
There are organisations offering a wide range of activities, groups, clubs and regular social events.
I am feeling lonely or isolated, what can I do?
If you are feeling lonely or isolated, lacking a bit of confidence or can't get out due to mobility reasons, you could try a befriending scheme. Befriending schemes can offer companionship and support to you or the person you care for.
Take a look at a list of befriending schemes here on Staffordshire Connects. Depending on your needs some may offer a regular phone call and others may involve a befriender coming to visit you regularly to enjoy a cup of tea and a chat together.
If you’re feeling lonely or isolated, and live in one of 52 identified areas in Staffordshire then the Everyone Health Service will be able to help. They can offer you a tailored programme of support.
So if you are feeling lonely or know someone who is, get in touch by ringing 0333 005 0095 or by emailing EHstaffs@everyonehealth.co.uk
How else can I get involved?
Other ways to meet and chat with others could be by:
- Using an online forum (this link will take you to the Staffordshire County Council website for this information)
- Visiting your local library and finding out about what is available and how you can get involved (this link will take you to the Staffordshire County Council website for this information)
I want to find support that can help me at home?
Take a look the 'Help at Home' section for details of:
- A range of home care providers that help with your personal care needs
- Meal delivery services
- Organisations that can help with house work, home maintenance, pet care
- Equipment and technology suppliers. There is a wide range of equipment, home adaptations and smart technology available to help you maintain your independence.