Community Help Points
What is a community help point?
Community help points are established and trusted places within communities such as libraries, voluntary organisations and/or community centres.
What do they do?
Community help points can help you to:
- Access Staffordshire Connects or access information about local services or activities if you can’t access it yourself.
- Become more confident in using the internet to help find information and solutions
- Find out about equipment and technology to make daily living easier.
Where are they?
There are community help points in every district across Staffordshire. The Staffordshire Connects website has a list of where to find the help points and how to contact them.
How can the help points be accessed?
You can access the help points by:
- Phoning or emailing the help point.
- Sending a referral to the community help point mailbox. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact the Staffordshire Cares team by phone on 0300 111 8010 or email at email@example.com
- This referral will then be shared with the person’s nearest help point and a member of staff from that help point will contact you soon.