Skip to main content

Housing, care and accommodation

If you want to find organisations who can provide advice on housing matters try searching here on Staffordshire Connects.

There are also details of housing associations, supported housing, care homes, nursing homes, sheltered and other forms of accommodation.

Just click on the menu below to find organisations and groups in your local area. 

Information on Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered services is taken from the CQC website and displayed automatically within Staffordshire Connects. 

I am looking for housing advice?

If you are on a low income or are in need of extra support, then you may want to consider renting a home from a social housing association. 

If you are already a housing association tenant, then your housing association will be able to help you with any housing that you may have. 

You can also contact your local district or borough council housing team for advice on your housing options what to do if you are or are at risk of being homeless.

Who can I contact about housing adaptations and equipment?

If you think you may need a home adaptation and want help with the cost of this, you may be able to apply for a disabled facilities grant.

I live in Staffordshire and currently receive home care from Allied Healthcare. I’d like some more information on my future care.

Staffordshire County Council have been made aware by the Care Quality Commission about its concerns around the future of Allied Healthcare, which is a national homecare provider operating across the country including Staffordshire.

The council’s priority is ensuring that those in need of care continue to receive it.

They have received assurances from Allied that care will continue for the moment and are working with them on longer term solutions.

The council will update all service users when they are in a position to do so but want to reassure people that their care will continue uninterrupted.

If you live in Staffordshire, receive care from Allied and have any questions, the Staffordshire Cares helpline is open from 9am to 5pm on Saturday and throughout the week, Monday to Thursday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 6:00pm.

The helpline number is 0300 111 8010.


Back to top