The following items were discussed at the meeting on 21st April 2021. A copy of the full notes can be downloaded here.
- Welcome, Apologies & Introductions
- Brief introduction to the Education Banding Tool & Project Lead update
- Project Progress Update
- Key Decisions
- Review of Draft Benefits Realisation Plan
- Project Risks & Issues
- Items for next Agenda & Any Other Business
Date of Next Meeting:
- Monday 17/05/2021 3.00pm to 4.30pm
- Address the lack of a parent/carer representative, e.g. consider a change in the time of the Steering Group meeting to avoid school closing time
- Send out revised Terms of Reference, meeting slides and FACE Assessment with the minutes of the meeting to all attendees.
- Share the link to the Education Banding Tool Survey to Schools for sharing with Further Education providers.
- Add the FACE Assessments completed by schools to the Live CareCalc site, annotated to make it clear that they have been completed by schools and not SEND Keyworkers.
- Agree wording of the risk raised in the discussion of Benefit B2, as regards the potential conflict between use of the Education Banding Tool and the SEND Strategy.
- Look at measurement methods, baselines and targets for Benefit B5 to determine whether this is a valid measurable Benefit. Also look at whether the wording of the Benefit should be amended to mention greater confidence for Keyworkers in completing EHCPs.
- Review the Project Risk and Issues in the meeting slides and provide any feedback.
- Look at whether to include children and young people taking up ASD resource base places within a mainstream setting as a cohort in the Data Collection pilot and determine whether the funding is accurate.
- Monitor Keyworker attendance at Steering Group given capacity constraints – doesn’t always have to be a super-user in attendance.
Meeting presentation slides
The presentation covered the following. A copy of the slides can be downloaded here.
- Aim of the project
- Overview of Education Banding Tool
- How it is proposed to work in Staffordshire
- Key benefits
- Project Governance
- Project Lead Update
- Project Progress and Next Steps
- High Level Implementation Plan
- Progress to date/Key Achievements
- Key activities and deliverables planned for next period
- Project Risks and Issues