Skip to main content

Keeping safe

Concerned about a child?

During difficult family times everyone has a responsibility to protect children from future harm. You can find further information on our Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board website. 

If you think someone is being abused or you think their safety is at risk, then it is important to report your concerns. You must never assume that somebody else will recognise and report what you have seen or heard.

Where a crime has been committed or if you're worried about someone's immediate safety, contact the Police by dialling 999.

Reporting abuse of an adult

If you think someone with care and support needs is being abused or neglected, it's important to report it to us. Remember, suspicion is enough.

To find out how to report concerns about an adult go to the Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership Adult Safeguarding Board website. 

If it is an emergency and someone is seriously hurt, or the abuser is still with the adult and they are in immediate danger ring the Police on 999.

Further information 

Back to top