A printable Easy Read Guide to the SEND Local Offer is available in our download section.
What is Staffordshire Connects?
Staffordshire Connects is a website which connects you with help and support in your community.
You can find help and support, all in one place, for:
- children and families
- adults and communities, as well as
- children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Staffordshire's care organisations can find help and support in the Care Market Development section.
What is the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer?
The SEND Local Offer is part of the Staffordshire Connects hub.
It is the place to go for information, support and services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities from 0-25 years.
How do I access it?
You can access Staffordshire Connects SEND Local Offer:
- via a computer, laptop, tablet or SMART phone. Why not save it to your home screen?
- via the myStaffs app. myStaffs is available for free on iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
- Via your local Library Service
- SENDIASS Family Partnership Service can provide supported access for children, young people, parents and carers.
Telephone: 0300 111 8007, Option 2, then Option 4
What does the Browsealoud accessibility bar do?
Browsealoud works by providing instant access to features which helps to make our website much more accessible and usable. This includes:
- text-to-speech: simply click on the first icon and hover your mouse over any text. From a touchscreen device you’ll have to click on the text to hear it.
- translation: into over 100 languages and read aloud in over 38 of the most commonly spoken languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customize options to suit individual needs or preferences.
Try it out! Can you see the orange launchpad on your screen? Click it to launch the Browsealoud toolbar.
To explore more, click on the question mark (?) icon on the Browsaloud accessibility bar to discover what each feature on the toolbar does.
Who is the Local Offer for?
- Children and young people with special educations needs and/or disabilities
- Parents and carers
- Individuals, groups, settings and organisations that work with children, young people and families
We have different pages for parents, carers, children, young people and practitioners. The links above will take you to the best page for you.
Searching using keywords or location
- Enter keywords in the search facility at the top of the page. Use the drop down list of categories on the search bar to refine your search further.
- The town or postcode search is useful if you are looking for services closest to your home, for example a childminder or local activity provider.
- If you know the name of the service you are looking for, use quote marks to search for those exact words in that order, for example "Carers Hub".
Searching by subject
- Use the subject buttons to find information and services within that category.
- Once in the category, scroll down if need be to find key information and the blue directory buttons.
Searching by age
Find age-related services by using the Local Offer age bands.
How can I narrow my search to get the information I need?
- Use the category options where applicable to refine your search by subject.
- The filters can narrow down your search for example by district, age, free services or type of need.
What is the core offer?
- This includes services paid for by the National Health Service (NHS) or Staffordshire County Council (SCC).
- Look out for NHS or SCC logos within the heading of services. These, along with the Local Offer signpost logo, help you to see at a glance that they are funded services.
- You can also use the types of provider filter. This filter allows you to look for private, voluntary and community groups too.
How do I add a listing on the SEND Local Offer?
Watch the video below to find out more.
Please note that Staffordshire Connects is a free and impartial service. Information contained in the SEND Local Offer does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of a service or provider. For more information please see our disclaimer.
What can I find in the SEND Local Offer?
You can find information, support and services on:
Early Years and Childcare
Extra help for children, families and settings
Health and Wellness
Information and support
Information on keeping safe.
Places to go, things to do
Preparing for adulthood
Travel and transport
A searchable Policy and templates library