SENDIASS & Staffordshire Parent Carer Forum (Staffs PCF) Ways of Working
The SENDIASS Advisory Group consists of parents and professionals with an interest in special educational needs and/or disabilities relating to education, health and social care in Staffordshire.
The group ensures the service operates impartially and at ‘arms-length’ from the local authority in their delivery of information, advice and support (IAS) to parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with special educational needs and/or disabilities, and children and young people with SEND (0-25) in accordance with national IAS policy.
SENDIASS Advisory Group members (including the Staffs PCF) review and scrutinise service delivery during the meetings. SENDIASS treat members without discrimination and respect you as a colleague.
SENDIASS support you to contribute and make sure you are empowered to take part.
Ways of Working - SENDIASS & Staffordshire Parent, Carer Forum (Staffs PCF)
- Staffordshire Parent, Carer forum (Staffs PCF) is a member of the SENDIASS Advisory Group
- SENDIASS and Staffs PCF work independently from each other
- SENDIASS and Staffs PCF work independently from the Local Authority
- SENDIASS and Staffs PCF both ensure the voice of parents, carers, children and young people are shared with the Local Authority, where appropriate. (Confidentiality of cases is maintained at all times. Parent, carer permission applies).
- Staffs PCF supports the development of SENDIASS
- Staffs PCF acts as a ‘critical friend’ to improve the SENDIASS service
- Staffs PCF and SENDIASS act as consultative bodies in interpreting national policies
- Staffs PCF signpost its members to SENDIASS
- SENDIASS recognise and value of skills and expertise of members
- Staffs PCF acts as an equal partner alongside other professionals
SENDIASS proactively support the Staffs PCF to widen your reach and membership across Staffordshire.
SENDIASS - For more information please visit our page on the Local Offer
Staffordshire Parent, Carer Forum – For more information please visit our page on the Local Offer.