Staffordshire County Council is sponsoring a £235,000 investment for a Workforce Development Qualification & Learning Programme commencing December 2021.
Our thanks to the Care Provider market for taking the time to share key information and assist us in shaping this programme at a recent group activity which was reviewing recruitment challenges. One of the issues raised was the lack of career path in social care and this learning programme will hopefully go towards addressing this.
This is one of several initiatives supporting recruitment and retention in Staffordshire. The Programme will support attracting and retaining skilled Adult Social Care Staff and Managers. This fully funded learning programme includes:-
a) Wellbeing Coaching Qualification for Social Care Provider Managers
- Wellbeing Coaching Qualification for Social Care Provider Managers
b) Health & Social Care Career Pathway Qualifications which include Level 2 - Level 5
- Adult Care Worker 2 Diploma in Care (RQF)
- Lead Adult Care Worker 3 Diploma in Adult Care (RQF)
- Lead Practitioner in Adult Care 4 Diploma in Adult Care (RQF)
- Leader in Adult Care 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (RQF)
c) Skills for Care Continuous Professional Development which includes; Lead to
Succeed, Understanding Performance Management and the Well Led Learning
- Lead to Succeed Aspiring and deputy managers
- Moving up Team leaders, deputy managers, managers, supervisors, care coordinators, commissioners from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Well-led Registered managers and service managers
- Understanding performance management Registered managers and service managers
- Understanding self-management skills Registered managers and service managers
- Understanding workplace culture Registered managers and service manager
d) Skills for Care - Digital Learning for Manager Modules
- Leadership and management
- Governance and regulatory processes
- Relationships and partnership working
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Professional development
- Safeguarding, protection and risk
- Manage self
- Decision making
- Entrepreneurial skills and innovation
The application process can be accessed using the link below, closing date for applications is Sunday 5th December 2021
- Additional news about ASC_WDS
ASC-WDS official launch and benefits bundle
Skills for Care spent the last two years making regular developments to the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) to bring more features and value for users. This week we are officially launching the service and are excited to tell you about all the fantastic benefits it offers.
Around 20,000 care providers are already using the service to access funding for training, safely manage staff and training records and benchmark their workplace against similar providers. The data collected in the service is vital and is used by the government, the Department for Health and Social Care, local authorities, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and other decision makers as they plan, fund and monitor the sector.
Skills for Care are also introducing brand-new ASC-WDS Benefits Bundle for both new and existing users. The bundle contains special offers and discounts across our products including savings on resources within our bookshop and special prices on eLearning.
To find out more about the benefits bundle, learn more about the ASC-WDS service or create an account, visit SfCdedicated webpage.
Emma Scarlett & Julian Cragg
Care Market Development Team