Health and Wellbeing
In partnership with Health colleagues, we will support and encourage you to be healthy and provide the help you need to achieve this. We will:
- Provide a health passport prior to your eighteenth birthday, which is a summary of your health information and history.
- Help you to register with health services, including GP, dentist and opticians when you move home.
- Help you to manage your emotional wellbeing with signposting to other agencies
- If you have significant additional needs, then we can support you to engage with our in-house adult services for an assessment of needs beyond 18.
- Helping you to attend hospital or doctor's appointments
- Action for children up to 25
- Offer a mentoring scheme, focusing on specific areas to support your wellbeing
Breathing Space Intensive Support will be offered to young people that are currently in care and pregnant with their first child; or young people that are care leavers, who are pregnant with their first child and in need of support to help them to access parenting support, advice and guidance to be able to meet their baby’s needs.
One to one support will focus on the practical elements of parenting, the emotional needs of a baby, as well as supporting young parents to access community activities and groups to help them and their baby to develop their confidence and skills.