Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.
Family Information Service
The purpose of the Staffordshire Family Services Directory is to provide one point of access for parents, carers and practitioners looking for childcare, free childcare places, schools places and children's centres in Staffordshire.
However, whilst Staffordshire Family Services Directory has invited chidlcare providers and organisations to submit their details for inclusion, Staffordshire County Council, the compiler and publisher, cannot accept any liability whatsoever or howsoever arising, whether in negligence or otherwise, for any errors or inaccuracies in the Directory in the contents or in any external linked websites or other channels.
The inclusion of information and other material in the Directory does not imply that Staffordshire County Council recommends or endorses any of the providers of such information and material.
For that reason it is important that you carry out your own independent checks and verifications and are entirely satisfied before acting on the basis of any information or other material supplied in the Directory.
For advice on how to make your own appropriate checks and verifications please read the checklist information below.
Note that the following advice which is given as a guide only, is given without any liability. In some circumstances this advice may not be sufficient. Therefore where appropriate you may need to seek further independent expert advice.
Some of the organisations on the Directory are not required to be registered with regulatory bodies. Therefore it is important that you make sure that the service is safe and entirely suitable for your needs, below are some of the things you need to look out for.
- Check that the staff have been appropriately vetted. For more information on this please visit www.crb.gov.uk
- Check that the service has child protection procedures in place if they are directly involved with children.
- Check that the staff are qualified and trained in the specific area.
- Check that the service operates an anti-discriminatory practice.
- Check that the service protects children, young people and vulnerable adults where it is required to do so.
- Check that the service has a health and safety policy.
- Check that the service has a complaints procedure.