Accessibility Strategy (draft)
This document, which can be found in our download section to the right, has been prepared primarily for Staffordshire maintained schools, maintained nurseries and pupil referral units in accordance with the Local Authority’s duty under Schedule 10 of the Equality Act 2010.
The Local Authority’s duty is to prepare an accessibility strategy, in relation to schools for which it is the responsible body in order to:
- Increase the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the schools’ curriculums;
- Improve the physical environment of schools for the purpose of increasing the extent to which disabled pupils are able to take advantage of education and benefits, facilities or services provided or offered by the schools;
- Improve the delivery of information to disabled pupils which is readily accessible to pupils who are not disabled.
- Julie Stevenson/Graham Pirt
- Draft Version 4 - Currently under review
- Number of Pages
- File Format
- Review Date