Education health and care needs assessment - requests
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Information
We're working hard to keep the EHC plan process moving. Assessments for an EHC plan may look different as it becomes more difficult to do our work face to face. We may need to do more by telephone or video calls where possible. Our decision-making panels are moving to online meetings. We'll continue to review this.
Further information on:
- Education health and care needs assessments
- Education health and care needs assessment: guidance for referrers
- EHC Hub User Guides
Forms - Parent, Carers and Young People Requests & Contributing Advice
- Parents, carers and young people over 16 can make an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment by completing the request form on the EHC Hub. Please follow the on screen guidance. More detailed Hub guidance for parents and carers requesting a needs assessment. See our EHC Hub Parent Carer Frequently Asked Questions for more information on Education Health and Care needs assessments requested on the EHC Hub.
For those parents/carers who do not wish to submit their request via the EHC Hub please complete the EHCNA Request Hub Form for Parents, Carers and Young People and email to email@example.com. Your application will be managed via the EHC Hub, however all correspondence will be sent to you via the post. A PDF and Word version of the request form is available.
For further advice please contact the Single Point of Access on 0300 111 8007 (option 2, then option 4).
- EHC Hub User Guides are available for parents requesting a needs assessment and for those contributing advice to an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment.
Forms - Practitioner Requests & Contributing Advice
Education providers, for those who have registered on the Education Health and Care Hub, please log in and click " + new request" button to create a request for a new assessment.
For those providers not yet registered on the Hub, please contact:
Phone: 0300 111 8007 (option 2, then option 4)
Preschool children can be referred through the early years forum if appropriate.
- Parental Consent Form - practitioners please complete the parent consent form and upload as supporting information on the EHC Hub.
- Health Care Plans - Medical needs. If the child or young person has a current school health care plan, practitioners should complete the medical form to include with the Education Health and Care Needs Assessment request.
- Provision Mapping of Support. Please complete the Provision Mapping form and upload to the EHC Hub when you submit the child or young person's request.
Useful EHC Hub video guides for education providers:
- SCC - forms
- Education Health and Care Needs Assessment
- File Format
- HTML on-line request form & supporting word forms
- Date Published
- Published by
- SEND Assessment and Planning Team