Education health and care needs assessment - requests

Staffordshire County Council logo

Coronavirus (COVID 19) Information

EHC Assessments

We're working hard to keep the EHC plan process moving. Assessments for an EHC plan may look different as it becomes more difficult to do our work face to face. We may need to do more by telephone or video calls where possible. Our decision-making panels are moving to online meetings. We'll continue to review this.

Further information on:

Forms - Parent, Carers and Young People Requests & Contributing Advice

Forms - Practitioner Requests & Contributing Advice

Education providers, for those who have registered on the Education Health and Care Hub, please log in and click  " + new request" button to create a request for a new assessment.

For those providers not yet registered on the Hub, please contact:

Phone:  0300 111 8007 (option 2, then option 4)

Preschool children can be referred through the early years forum if appropriate.

  • Parental Consent Form - practitioners please complete the parent consent form and upload as supporting information on the EHC Hub.
  • Health Care Plans - Medical needs.  If the child or young person has a current school health care plan, practitioners should complete the medical form to include with the Education Health and Care Needs Assessment request.
  • Provision Mapping of Support.  Please complete the Provision Mapping form and upload to the EHC Hub when you submit the child or young person's request.

Useful EHC Hub video guides for education providers:


SCC - forms
Education Health and Care Needs Assessment
File Format
HTML on-line request form & supporting word forms
Date Published
Published by
SEND Assessment and Planning Team
Skip back to top of page