Homes for Ukraine
Where can I find further guidance on hosting?
You can find further guidance on hosting from the below organisations:
- All Department of Levelling Up Housing and Commuities Homes for Ukraine: sponsor guides - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
on the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
- Expectations of a sponsor. Read prior to accepting a guest family
- Reset’s sponsor toolkit
- Refugees at Home Host and sponsor resources
- The No Accommodation Network’s guidance on hosting good practice and key considerations for prospective hosts.
- City of Sanctuary’s Things to consider before applying to be a sponsor
- VITA Network’s guidance for hosts and refugees
- AC Education's UK Host Family Guidance
How do I gain support for matching with a Ukrainian Guest?
Gain support for matching with a Ukrainian Guest via the Homes for Ukraine website:
Or contact the Sunflower Sisters:
How do I register an expression of interest?
You can register an expression of interest via gov.uk's website:
Where can I find guidance on applications for children who are not travelling with or joining their parent or legal guardian ?
The process for children not travelling with or joining their parent or legal guardian, for new applications will be different and requires the planned sponsor to first undergo safeguarding checks before an eligible child can begin their visa application.
From 28 July, planned sponsors of eligible children can start their applications via a new online service. This will enable councils to begin safeguarding checks. The visa application process will open to new applicants on 10 August.
See links below for guidance.