How to create a listing on Staffordshire Connects*
- Firstly, check to see if your organisation / group is already listed on our site by doing a search using your organisations name. If it is please contact us to request access to update it.
- If you aren't listed, when you have signed in, to create or amend a listing go to the tile icon on the dashboard called 'Manage your local services or childcare listings'
- Click on: +Create new directory record - this will open up a service record to start editing.
- Enter all the details and information you want to share, then press save and submit once you are finished.
- Your listing will then be checked and made live by the Staffordshire Connects team.
* Childcare Providers only PLEASE READ AS FOLLOWS - you do not need to create a new listing as advised above as it has already been created / provided to us by Ofsted (or we have created it for you).
All you need to do is to request access to the record. To do this log into your account and then:
- At the top of the web page you will see a box called 'Enter you keywords'.
- Input the name/ partial name of your provision (i.e a childminder could input their surname) and click search. Or you could also input your postcode in the ' Enter you town/ postcode' box also at the top of the page.
- Any related records will be listed, once you have found yours click on the setting name to see the information as shown on the website, then scroll down to the bottom of the record and click Apply here .
- Your request will then come to our team for approval and we will confirm when this is done so you can make changes to the listing at anytime.
If you need any further support, please contact us
How to search for a listing on Staffordshire Connects
The search bar lets you search by:
Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find
by Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (e.g. housing)
by Location - use this to find results which serve your location. Try a placename or postcode (KT1 2DW or CR1) etc.
Further advice on keyword searching
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered.
You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word, so the example search below brings back only records results containing both of the words housing and advice, for example:
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
How to use search filters
Once you have your search results, you can narrow it down further by selecting one or more of the search filters. These are displayed in a list to the left of your results.
The filters allow you to limit results by subject area (such as 'Money Matters'), and by user group (such as 'Carers') and so on.
How to sort your search results
You can change the order of your search results:
- by relevance (i.e. the best match to your search)
- alphabetically (i.e. in A-Z order of title with numbers first)
- by distance (only if you have done a full postcode search)
Look for the grey boxes that appear above your search list. The ability to search your results will depend on the type of search you are trying to do and how much you information you have added to the keywords box.