How to create a new listing on Staffordshire Connects
- Firstly, check to see if your organisation / group is already listed on our site by doing a search using your organisations name. If it is and the listing needs updating / deleting or you wish to have or change editing rights please contact us
- If there is nothing listed, please sign in. To create a listing find and click on the tile icon on the dashboard called 'Manage your listings services for childcare, adults, local offer, and children and families'.
- Go to the section which says 'Adding and editing listings for the Local Offer / Adults and Communities / Children and families'. Click on: 'Create new directory listing' - this will open up a new listing to start populating with information.
- Enter all the details and information you want to share. Please be as detailed as possible or direct users to your own website / social media pages for further information about session times / costs etc. Also include a venue address and postcode if you have one as this will help people to find your listing when doing a location search.
If you provide a range of different activities / groups, you can create a listing for each of these (especially if they take place at different venues as this will help it to be picked in a location search) or provide a list of all that you offer in the one listing as this can be shown within different areas of the Staffordshire Connects website.
- Once you are finished press save and submit. Your listing will then be sent to the Staffordshire Connects team, where it will be processed and will made live. If the team require any further information or there is a listing for your organisation already, they will be in touch with you.
Childcare Providers please read as follows:
You do not need to create a new listing as advised above as it has already been created / provided to us by Ofsted (or we have created it for you).
All you need to do is to request access to the record. To do this log into your account and then:
- At the top of the web page you will see a box called 'Enter your keywords'.
- Input the name/ partial name of your provision (i.e a childminder could input their surname) and click search. Or you could also input your postcode in the ' Enter you town/ postcode' box also at the top of the page.
- Any related records will be listed, once you have found yours click on the setting name to see the information as shown on the website, then scroll down to the bottom of the record and click Apply here .
- Your request will then come to our team for approval and we will confirm when this is done so you can make changes to the listing at anytime.
How to edit a listing on Staffordshire Connects
Once live, you can sign back into your account at any time, and edit / delete the listing.
From the dashboard click on the ' Manage your listings' icon.
Your live listings will be displayed where it says 'Adding and editing listings for the Local Offer / Adults and Communities / Children and families'.
Click on your listing and then make any changes to the information held within the template.
When complete, press submit and your changes will be sent to the Staffordshire Connects Team to approve and make live.
How to search for a listing on Staffordshire Connects
Use the search bar at the top of the page to search by:
- Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find
- by Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (e.g. housing)
- by Location - use this to find results which serve your location. Try a placename or postcode (KT1 2DW or CR1) etc.
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered.
You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word, so the example search below brings back only records results containing both of the words housing and advice, for example:
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
How to use search filters
Once you have your search results, you can narrow it down further by selecting one or more of the search filters. These are displayed in a list to the left of your results.
The filters allow you to limit results by subject area (such as 'Money Matters'), and by user group (such as 'Carers') and so on.
How to sort your search results
You can change the order of your search results:
- by relevance (i.e. the best match to your search)
- alphabetically (i.e. in A-Z order of title with numbers first)
- by distance (only if you have done a full postcode search)
Look for the grey boxes that appear above your search list. The ability to search your results will depend on the type of search you are trying to do and how much you information you have added to the keywords box.
If you can't find what you are looking for, please contact us
How to get in touch with Staffordshire Connects
If you need any further support, please contact us