Things to consider when looking for the right childcare
This section of our service provides information for families looking for:
- day nurseries
- before and after school care
- SENDs support
- information about the EY Forum
- help wiith the cost of childcare
How can I find childcare in Staffordshire?
Our directory provides a whole range of nurseries, preschools, childminders, before and after school setting that are Ofsted registered or approved.
To search for services when in the directory:
- Simply input the postcode or area you wish to seach into the Enter your town/ postcode box at the top of the page the click Search.
- On the left side of the page you will see a list of setting type i.e. chhildminders, nurseries etc
- Simply click on the required filter for the setting type you need as part of the search and the results will appear for the type and area you have chosen
Please note: Childcare providers are responsible for updating their own information.
if you need help looking for child please contact us with the age of your child, area you live and any other requirement.
Choosing and Looking for Childcare - what to consider
Our dedicated webpage with help you with:
The types of childcare available
information on what each type of provider cann offer and the ages they can cater for
Top tips in what to look for when choosing you childcre setting
- For full details check out our webpage on Choosing Childcare
Can you tell me more about help with childcare costs?
Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support with your childcare costs through a range schemes depending on the age of the or eligibiility. There is:
- Funded places for 2 year olds - known as Think2
- Funded places for 3 and 4 year olds which includes 15 hours for every 3 and 4 year old from the term after turning 3 years.
- 30 hours per week - some families of 3 and 4 year olds could be eligible for an extra 15 hours that can make up to the 30 hours per week.
- Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) - eligible families of 3 and 4 year olds, could receive addtional funding to hep with your child's learning
- Disability Access Fund (DAF) - 3 and 4 year olds accessing funded hours and who receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) could be eligible for their early years setting to receive funding to make reasonable adjustments for your child.
- Tax Free Childcare - a government scheme for eligible families who could receive up to £2000 per year for each child to help childcare costs - or £4000 per year for a disabled child. This is applicable for children of any age accessing a registered provider
- Schemes for parents in education - such as Childcare Grant and Care to Learn
Find out more information and where to apply for funded places and help with childcare costs including Tax Free Childcare
What activities and family support is available at our local children's centre?
Families with children in Staffordshire aged 0-5 years can access a wide range of great activities and family support at a local centre. More information can be found here.
Will my child have any progress checks?
What extra support is available to early years settings?
Our early years forums monitor that the right services are involved to support children aged 0-5 years.
My child has been assessed as needing a specialist setting, what is available?
Take a look at our specialist nurseries directory below.