Looking for Childcare and Early Years Services for Families
Information on childare, early years support for children, help with costs and funded places for children aged 0-5 years.
Browse by subject
How can I find childcare in Staffordshire?
Our directory provides a whole range of nurseries, preschools, childminders, before and after school settings that are Ofsted registered or approved.
To search for services when in the directory:
- From the homepage choose Children and families and then select the tile Childcare and funded places
- Simply input the postcode or area you wish to search into the Filter by loaction box on the left side section under the header: Refine these results - then click Search.
- On the left side you can then filter your childcare option i.e. childminder or nurseries and so on, by clicking on the header: Subject
- You can then click on the childcare provider name to look at further information. Or, you can create your own shortlist list like a shopping cart
Please note: Childcare providers are responsible for updating their own information.
If you need help looking for childcare please contact us with the age of your child, area you live and any other requirement.
Choosing and Looking for Childcare - what to consider?
Our dedicated webpage with help you with:
The types of childcare available
Information on what each type of provider can offer and the ages they can cater for
Top tips in what to look for when choosing you childcare setting
- For full details check out our webpage on Choosing Childcare
Can you tell me more about help with childcare costs?
Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support with your childcare costs through a range schemes depending on the age of your child or eligibiility. There is:
- Funded places for 2 year olds - known as Think2
- Funded places for 3 and 4 year olds which includes 15 hours for every 3 and 4 year old from the term after turning 3 years.
- 30 hours per week - some families of 3 and 4 year olds could be eligible for an extra 15 hours that can make up to 30 hours per week (up to 1140 per year).
- Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) - eligible families of 3 and 4 year olds, could receive addtional funding to help with your child's learning
- Disability Access Fund (DAF) - 3 and 4 year olds accessing funded hours and who receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) could be eligible for their early years setting to receive funding to make reasonable adjustments for your child.
- Tax Free Childcare - a government scheme for eligible families who could receive up to £2,000 per year for children up to 11 years old to help with childcare costs - or £4,000 per year for a disabled child up to 16 years old.
- Schemes for parents in education - such as Childcare Grant and Care to Learn
Find out more information and where to apply for funded places and help with childcare costs including Tax Free Childcare
What activities and family support is available at our local children's centre?
Families with children in Staffordshire aged 0-5 years can access a wide range of great activities and family support at a local centre. More information can be found here.
Will my child have any progress checks?
What extra support is available to early years settings?
Our early years forums monitor that the right services are involved to support children aged 0-5 years.
My child has been assessed as needing a specialist setting, what is available?
Take a look at our specialist nurseries directory above.