Education for 0-4 years
Staffordshire County Council Local Authority is aiming to introduce a new Education Banding Tool. This will support the special educational…
Special educational needs and disability support in early years
Looking for a specialist support service?
Please see our directories for more information on:
- Specialist Support Service - Vision Impairment; Hearing Impairment; Autism Outreach, and Autism and Sensory Support in Staffordshire (ASSIST).
- Support for physical/medical needs, which includes occuptional therapy, physiotherapy and nursing.
- Communication and social interaction, which includes support for autism and speech and language.
- Learning support, for learning difficulties, dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
- Support for social emotional and and mental health
- Support for families and settings, which includes early support, minority ethnic achievement service, inclusion team, Ministry of Defence Children's Education Advisory Service, and much more.
Use the filters within the directories to search by age, district, areas served, and provider type, such as a commissioned or private service.
Please note: Staffordshire Connects is a free and impartial service. Information contained in the SEND Local Offer does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of a service or provider. For more information please see our disclaimer. Providers are responsibile for updating their own information. Please let us know if you would like to suggest a listing and we will contact the provider for you.
I’m looking for a school, what are my options?
Our schools and specialist provision directory below holds information about your nearest and catchment schools, independent schools, special schools, independent special schools and support for home educating.
You will also find information on finding a school, accessible schools, school admissions, education for children with health needs who cannot attend school, supporting pupils with medical conditions and our virtual school for looked after children.
Our early years and childcare section provides information on childminders, nurseries, children's centres, wraparound care and holiday clubs.
What extra support is available to early year settings?
Our early years forums monitor that the right services are involved to support pre-school children.
What is the SEND Code of Practice and where can I find it?
Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0-25 Years
The SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 years provides statutory guidance on the special educational needs and disability (SEND) system for children and young people aged from 0-25 years.
Gov.uk also provide the following guides:
- SEND Guide for Parents and Carers
- SEND support: Easy Read Guide for Children and Young People
- SEND support: Easy Read Guide for Parents
It explains the duties of local authorities, health bodies, schools and colleges to provide for those with special educational needs under part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
SENDIASS Staffordshire Family Partnership can provide you with information, advice, and support around special educational needs and disability matters, including special educational needs law. Visit their website for more information.
Other relevant local and national policies:
Please see our policy information library to search for relevant policies. This includes information on the Equality Act.