Education for 20-25 years
Looking for a specialist support service?
- Specialist Support Service Post 16 Offer & Equipment for Post-16 Students in FE Colleges with a sensory impairment
- Support for physical/medical needs, which includes occuptional therapy, physiotherapy and nursing.
- Communication and social interaction, which includes support for autism and speech and language.
- Learning support, for learning difficulties, dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
- Support for social emotional and mental health
- Support for families and settings, which includes early support, minority ethnic achievement service, inclusion team and much more.
Use the filters within the directories to search by age, district, areas served, and provider type, such as a commissioned or private service.
Please note: Staffordshire Connects is a free and impartial service. Information contained in the SEND Local Offer does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of a service or provider. For more information please see our disclaimer. Providers are responsibile for updating their own information. Please let us know if you would like to suggest a listing and we will contact the provider for you.
I'm looking for a college or Post 16 setting, what are my options?
Our post 16 options page looks at the different options available. Also see our preparing for adulthood pages for more information.
Our sixth form and further education colleges directory holds information on further education colleges, training study programmes and specialist colleges.
Information on access to higher education.
Special educational needs support - the graduated response and EHCPs
What special educational needs and disability support is available in colleges?
The graduated response - special educational needs support in colleges
What if my child needs more help?
Some children and young people may need more help than would normally be provided in a setting. The education health and care needs assessment will look in detail at the child or young person's needs and the support that they require.
Education health and care plans
Education health and care plans are for children and young people whose special educational needs require more help than would normally be provided in a nursery, school or college.
How do I request a needs assessment?
Parents, carers and young people can request an assessment by:
visiting the Staffordshire EHC Hub. Use the "Request a Needs Assessment" button and follow the online guidance. More detailed Hub guidance for parents and carers requesting a needs assessment.
If you do not wish to use the EHC Hub:
- complete the request form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The EHC Hub will manage your application but we will post all correspondence. A PDF and Word version of the request form is available.
Practitioners can request an assessment by:
registering on the EHC Hub and adding a new request. More information
Where can I find more information?
See our education health and care needs assessment and plans page which provides more information on:
What is the SEND Code of Practice and where can I find it?
Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0-25 Years
The SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 years provides statutory guidance on the special educational needs and disability (SEND) system for children and young people aged from 0-25 years.
Gov.uk also provide the following guides:
- SEND Guide for Parents and Carers
- SEND support: Easy Read Guide for Children and Young People
- SEND support: Easy Read Guide for Parents
It explains the duties of local authorities, health bodies, schools and colleges to provide for those with special educational needs under part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
SENDIASS Staffordshire Family Partnership can provide you with information, advice, and support around special educational needs and disability matters, including special educational needs law. Visit their website for more information.
Other relevant local and national policies:
Please see our policy information library to search for relevant policies. This includes information on the Equality Act.