Social care for children and young people with special educational needs

Social care for children and young people with special educational needs

Browse by subject

What support is available for carers?

Staffordshire Together for Carers Service

Staffordshire Together for Carers Service can support unpaid carers and young carers by providing tailored advice, training and information. It's your one stop shop for everything you need to know about looking after your needs as a carer.

Support groups and organisations

Take a look at the services on our information and support page for information on organisations that offer support to carers, support groups and local and national charities.

Carers Assessment

If you would like to explore the whole range of support options available to help you sustain your caring role please contact Staffordshire County Council who will undertake a Statutory Carers Assessment.  Carers of all ages can contact the County Council by: telephone: 0300 111 8010 or email:

How do I access support for my child or young person?

Information on how to access support for children and adults. 

Our accessing support directory below also includes information on accessing a range of services, including equipment and adaptations at home.

What help is there to employ a Personal Assistant?

If you are getting direct payments, or wish to self fund, you may find our direct payments directory below useful.  Here, you can find a range of organisations offering support and that can help with:

  • Recruiting a personal assistant
  • Arranging a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
  • Payroll, pension and insurance.
  • Managed accounts.
Can I get a short break?

Aiming High provide a wide variety of activities for children and young people up to 25 years old with a special educational need and disability and their families who live in Staffordshire. No assessment of need is required to access this particular service. Just look through their activity guide and give them a ring. Aiming high also provides support to access activities.

If you have an assessed need, our respite and short breaks directory below contains information on:

  • other community short breaks
  • residential short breaks

For a wide variety of activties, please see our places to go, things to do section. 

Can you tell me more about day opportunities?

If you have an assessed need, or are looking to self fund, our day opportunities directory below contains further information and providers across Staffordshire.

How do I apply for a Blue Badge?

Information on the Blue Badge Parking scheme and other useful information, can be found in our support to get out and about page.

Add/update your listing Suggest a listing
Skip back to top of page