Skip to main content

Social care for 16-19 years

Information about the social care available for children and young people aged 16-19 with special educational needs and disabilities.

Employing a Personal Assistant? Coronavirus update

We know this is a worrying and uncertain time for those who employ a personal assistant to help with care and support.  We hope this information will help to answer some of your questions about Personal Assistant employment.

If you are looking for advice, guidance or help, please visit Staffordshire County Council's website.

How do I access support?

Information on how to access support for children and adults. 

Our accessing support directory below also includes information on accessing a range of services, including equipment and adaptations at home.

What support is available for carers?

Staffordshire Together for Carers Service

Staffordshire Together for Carers Service can support unpaid carers and young carers by providing tailored advice, training and information. It's your one stop shop for everything you need to know about looking after your needs as a carer.

Support groups and organisations

Take a look at the services on our information and support page for information on organisations that offer support to carers, support groups and local and national charities.

Carers Assessment

If you would like to explore the whole range of support options available to help you sustain your caring role please contact Staffordshire County Council who will undertake a Statutory Carers Assessment.  Carers of all ages can contact the County Council by: telephone: 0300 111 8010 or email:

Can you tell me more about the Blue Badge Parking scheme?

Information on the Blue Badge Parking scheme and other useful information, can be found in our support to get out and about page.