Skip to main content

Social care for 20-25 years

Information about the social care available for children and young people aged 20-25 with special educational needs and disabilities.

How do I access support?

Information on how to access support for young people aged 18 years and over

Our accessing support directory below also includes information on accessing a range of services, including equipment and adaptations at home.

I am eligible for direct payments, what support is there?

In our direct payments directory, you can find a range of organisations offering support and that can help with:

  • Payroll for employing a personal assistant who can offer you support

  • Managing your account for direct payments

  • Recruiting a personal assistant

  • Arranging a disclosure and barring service check (DBS)

Can I get a short break or respite?

Aiming High provide a wide variety of activities for children and young people up to 25 years old with a special educational need and disability and their families who live in Staffordshire.  No assessment of need is required to access this particular service.   Just look through their activity guide and give them a ring.  Aiming high also provides support to access activities.

Our respite and short breaks directory below contains information on:

  •  Aiming High
  •  other community short breaks. 
  •  residential short breaks  - if you have an assessed need.

For a wide variety of activties, please see our Places to Go, Things to Do section below.

Can I get day opportunities?

If you have an assessed need, or are looking to self fund, our day opportunities directory contains a range of organisations across Staffordshire.

Can you tell me more about the Blue Badge Parking scheme?

Information on the Blue Badge Parking scheme and other useful information, can be found in our support to get out and about page.


Our most recent news articles will be displayed here.
Back to top