Social care for 0-4 years

Social care for 0-4 years
How do I access support?

Information on how to access support for children under 17 years of age

Our accessing support directory below also includes information on accessing a range of services, including equipment and adaptations at home.

I am eligible for direct payments, what support is there?

In our direct payments directory you can find a range of organisations offering support and that can help with:

  • Payroll for employing a personal assistant who can offer you support
  • Managing your account for direct payments
  • Recruiting a personal assistant
  • Arranging a disclosure and barring service check (DBS)
Can I get a short break or respite?

Aiming High provide a wide variety of activities for children and young people up to 25 years old with a special educational need and disability and their families who live in Staffordshire. No assessment of need is required to access this particular service. Just look through their activity guide and give them a ring. Aiming high also provides support to access activities.

Our respite and short breaks directory below contains information on:

  • Aiming High
  • other community short breaks. 

For a wide variety of activties, please see our Places to Go, Things to Do section.

Can you tell me more about the Blue Badge Parking scheme?

Information on the Blue Badge Parking scheme and other useful information, can be found in our support to get out and about page.

Add/update your listing Suggest a listing
Skip back to top of page