Travel and transport for 5-10 years

Travel and transport for 5-10 years

Information about support available for children with special educational needs aged 5-10 to help with travel, including bus passes and school transport. 

Am I eligible for school transport?

Please see our school and college transport page for more information on eligibility, concessionary bus passes and transport policies.

Is there any support to help me get out and about?

See our public transport page for information on bus passes and the disabled persons railcard. 

Our support to get out and about page provides information on:

  • Blue badges
  • Rica
What if I find it impossible to use public transport can anyone help?

Community transport providers can help you to get out and about if you find it very difficult or impossible to use public transport.

They offer a range of door to door transport services to allow you to get to where you need to go, whether it be hospital visits, shopping, leisure or simply visiting friends.

See our directory for more information.

Can I hire or purchase mobility and transport aids?

Search our mobility scheme directory to find details of mobility organisations where you can hire or purchase a wide range of mobility and transport aids.

The motability scheme provides an affordable, worry-free way for people with disabilities to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair in exchange for their mobility allowance.

Shopmobility is a service that helps all people who consider themselves to have mobility problems to get around town centres independently. The National Federation of Shop Mobility has a directory where you find you nearest scheme.

Add/update your listing Suggest a listing
Skip back to top of page