Aiming High - Short breaks
A wide variety of activities are available for children and young people aged 0-25 years old with a Special Educational Need/Disability (SEND).
- Activities include trips out, sports, youth clubs, outdoor activities and much more!
- Some activities are open to the whole family while other activities are for children and young people to attend independently.
- Children and young people can access a set amount of FREE activities each month (usually 1 a month with extra during school holidays).
- Access to additional activities can be made by making a financial contribution.
- The Lifeskills and Independence Service is available for 11-25 year olds who need a higher level of support.
To find out what is on and where, please see the directories at the bottom of this page. Bookings for June 2019 are now being taken. July and August 2019 activities can be booked from 1st June 2019.
To book places or to ask any questions please call 0300 111 8007 (Option 5)
Who can take part in Aiming High Activities?
Aiming High activities are open to:
- 0-18 year old's with a Special Educational Need/Disability (SEND), who live in Staffordshire.
- 18-25 year old's with a Special Educational Need/Disability (SEND) who live in Staffordshire can access support through our Lifeskills and Independence Programme, however, they must also:
- have an EHCP.
- NOT be eligible to receive paid care and support services from Adult Social Care.
How much does an Aiming High Activity Cost?
- Children and young people can access a set amount of FREE activities each month (usually 1 a month, with extra during the school holidays).
- Children and young people can then take part in other activities, however, there will be a charge for these (charges are highlighted in individual adverts).
- There is no charge to access the 1:1 support provided through our Lifeskills and Independence Programme, however, families may need to pay for activities that are accessed as part of this.
All charges are paid directly to the provider at the activity
Aiming High Lifeskills and Independence - 1:1 Support for 11-25 Year Olds
Do you know an 11-25 year old with a Special Educational Need/Disability from Staffordshire who needs some support?
- Our Lifeskills and Independence programme may be able to help!
- A maximum of 14 sessions of 1:1 support are available.
- Each session will last from 2-4 hours (parents/carers do not need to stay).
- Support is FREE, however, families may have to pay for some activities that are accessed as part of this.
- Support is very flexible and young people/families can suggest the outcomes that they would like to work towards but examples could include confidence building, money skills, social skills, preparing for the future plus much more! Staff are also able to accompany young people to Aiming High and other activities to make sure they feel comfortable.
- Please see the activity listings below for information on support available in your area or call 0300 111 8007 (option 5) for more information.
How do I book places and ask any questions?
- To book places or for any questions please call 0300 111 8007 (option 5).
- Lines are open Monday - Thursday 8am-8pm / Friday 8am-6pm / Saturday 9am-5pm.
- To make sure that everyone has a chance to access at least one free activity, free activities can be booked between the 1st-11th of the month prior to the activity taking place (please note that these dates may change slightly to fit around bank holiday periods/Sundays).
- Bookings for additional activities will then be taken after the 11th of the month prior to the activity taking place.
- Our staff will let you know if places are available and if so will pass your details to the provider. The provider will then contact you to discuss any support requirements and confirm your place.
- If you have registered your interest with our Contact Centre but have not had your place confirmed prior to the activity, please telephone the Contact Centre/provider to discuss this further to ensure that the arrangements are all in place.
- If you need to cancel an activity don’t worry, but please just try to let us or the provider know with as much notice as possible so that the place can be offered to another child/young person.
Where else can I find other activities?
You can find information on lots of other activities and things to do across Staffordshire in the Local Offer section of Staffordshire Connects.