The Specialist Teaching Support Service comprises of the following teams; Deaf/Hearing Inclusion, Vision Inclusion, Autism Inclusion, Autism and Sensory Support in Staffordshire (ASSIST).
Services in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer
ASSIST is part of the Specialist Support Service. We provide a range of support in a variety of settings, (education and community), for people over 16 years of age who are Deaf, Deafblind, have Vision Loss or who have an Autism Spectrum Condition. Services can be provided face-to-face or remotely.
Details of NHS autism assessment, diagnosis and intervention services in Staffordshire. Use the filter in the directory to bring up the relevant service in your area.
The Autism Inclusion Team is part of the Specialist Support Service. We work with children and young people aged up to 25 years with a diagnosis or working diagnosis of an autism spectrum condition. We offer specific support and advice to staff, children and parents in nurseries, mainstream settings, and deliver training to educational settings in Staffordshire. This support can continue into Further Education.
Information on the countywide review of SEND provision in Staffordshire
Refine these results
- NHS Long Term Plan
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer
- Staffordshire’s SEND Local Offer - Annual Report April 2020-March 2021
- Help to access exams and assessments
- COVID-19 recovery - materials to help support emotional well-being following COVID-19 pandemic
- Information and support for all ages
- Regent CourtGeorge RoadEdgbastonBirminghamB15 1NUHelpline 0303 03 00 111 Helpline 0303 03 00 111
- 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at 1:30 pm until 3 pmAnson StreetRugeleyStaffordshireWS15 2BB01889869063 01889869063
- Screenings take place on SundaysBuilding 1430Arlington Business ParkThealeBerkshireRG7 4SA0300 303 9001 0300 303 9001
- Harehedge LaneHorninglowBurton-upon-TrentStaffordshireDE13 0AS01283 529 800 01283 529 800
- Weekly Face to Face Parent Support Meetings - start back on Monday 10th May 10-11 am37 Reynolds CloseLichfieldWS13 7NY
- Lego first Wed of the month; Craft second Wed of the month; young dudes fourth Fri of the month
- Either first Friday of the month or second Friday of the month
- Third Friday of the month
- This group meets on the third Friday of every month 6.30-8.30pm