10-week Yoga4Health Programme
The Yoga4Health programme is designed as a social prescribing activity to help improve mental and physical health and wellbeing, specifically for those who :
- Have stress, anxiety or depression
- Are at risk of heart disease or type 2 diabetes and need to lose weight
- Feel lonely or socially isolated
The course offers gentle yoga and no prior yoga experience is needed. It can be chair or mat based so beginners and adults of any age and ability are welcome. Some subsidised places for the over 50s are available. All equipment is provided.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Current venue Silverdale Library but venues may vary - contact Emma for information on upcoming programmes
Venues may vary with each 10 week programme according to demand
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £95 approx item
- Service is Free
- £95 covers the full 10 week course. Costs may vary per venue/programme. Some heavily subsidised places are available for the over 50s. Contact Emma for more information about securing a subsidised place
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referral onto the programme is either via self-referral or via GP (currently only for Silverdale Surgery)
- Other notes
Classes are small - usually 8-14 people.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?
- Additional Information
Please note: Yoga4Health programmes in this area are currently on hold due to coronavirus restrictions