Family Hubs Staffordshire
What is a Family Hub?
Your local Family Hub is a virtual space where you can find advice and support, and connect with others in your area.
We know that family life is a little bit harder at the moment, that's why we’ve created 8 hubs of help for families across Staffordshire who can answer your questions, help you find support and share ideas for coping with the changes coronavirus is making to our lives.
How can we help?
The Family Hubs offer a range of information, support and advice for families at a local and county level. This is communicated mainly through the Family Hub Facebook pages but can also be answered by individual queries by email, message or phone calls.
We also have produced a wealth of in-house support which has been created by the Early Years Coordination team. Please click on the links below to access:
- Family Hub Summer Challenge 2021 - This summer we are 'challenging' all our under 5's and their families to 'Get Involved'. Each week we will have a new theme along with challenges for families to join in with. To help entertain children through the busy summer holidays where they can learn new skills and have lots of fun!
- Family Hub Craft - We have created a YouTube Channel with fun videos that give you ideas on a variety of craft activities to do with your children at home
- Family Hub Cooking – We have two dedicated pages of support for families which you will find on this page- Cooking on a budget which shows some very simple recipes that are low cost and great for a family to make together. You can download the recipes and watch YouTube videos on how to create the meals. Weekly School Meal Planners - showing new and fresh ideas of a weekly plan to feed your family along with a shopping list and prices to help you budget.
- Staffordshire Children's Centres - Information on how to access your local Children’s Centre and what’s on offer.
- Community Crates Fun - Fun videos that give you ideas on a variety of craft activities to do with your children at home along with information sheets explaining what the activity teaches your child.
- Family Hub School Readiness - Staffordshire Children's Centres and their key partners have created some information, advice and guidance on how you can support your child to become School Ready.
How do I get in touch with my local Family Hub?
Support from your local Family hub is easy, just click on the link below which will take you to your local Early Years Coordinators contact details.
Alternatively, you can email or message them through your local Family Hub Facebook pages listed below:
- Staffordshire Moorlands district
- Newcastle district
- East Staffordshire district
- Stafford district
- Cannock Chase district
- Lichfield district
- Tamworth district
- South Staffordshire district
If you need advice and support on Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) - A guide to your SEND Local Offer? | Staffordshire Connects
There is also our Family Support service where families can receive individual 1-1 support. The support offered covers a range of issues families may experience such as potty training, routines, behaviour, they can also give guidance and signpost families on where issues are more complex. Click on the link below for which Family Support provider covers your district.
Staffordshire Moorlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Cannock Chase, South Staffordshire and Stafford -
East Staffordshire, Lichfield and Tamworth - Malachi Specialist Family Support Service | Staffordshire Connects