*Everyone Health NHS Health Checks - COVID 19 / CORONAVIRUS 19 - UPDATE
To protect you, your family and our staff, Everyone Health is asking all service users not to attend any face to face appointments. We have been contacting our patients to arrange alternative support as we are transitioning services to be delivered over the phone or virtually. For health checks however, if you would like to join our waiting list for when we are back able to offer these, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0333 005 0095 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL US TO BOOK IN FOR YOUR FREE NHS HEALTH CHECK ON: 03330 050095 OR Click here to sign up now!
WHAT IS AN NHS HEALTH CHECK?
We’re all at risk of developing strokes, kidney disease, diabetes and heart disease as well as certain forms of dementia and an NHS Health Check can predict what your chances of developing these conditions are and, with this forewarning, help you take steps to prevent them.
It’s a well-known fact that, as you get older, your risk of developing certain conditions such as heart disease, dementia and type 2 diabetes increases, but there are other factors that can increase your risks of suffering from these illnesses.
These include being overweight, being inactive, eating unhealthily, smoking, drinking too much alcohol alongside having high blood pressure and cholesterol. Everyone is at risk of developing these conditions and having one increases the risk of you getting another in the future. By having your FREE NHS Health Check, you can nip certain conditions in the bud and prevent yourself from developing any in the future
WHAT DOES A HEALTH CHECK INVOLVE?
The NHS Health Check is available to all adults in Staffordshire aged between 40 and 74. It only takes around 20 or 30 minutes and it will involve answering certain questions, having your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked, as well as recording your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity. Results are given during the appointment, and you will be able to take away your results card.
How do I get an NHS Health Check?
If you live in one of the Everyone Health Staffordshire areas and meet the criteria above then you maybe be invited for a check.
If you live outside of these areas and meet the criteria above then you’ll need to contact Everyone Health Staffordshire to book a check.
Find us at:
- Friday 10am – 12pm Silverdale Library, High Street
- Friday 1-5pm - rotating clinic between: Cheadle library / Talke GP Surgery/ Newcastle Library (call to book)
Thursday 4pm – 6pm Carlton Pharmacy – 118 Calais Road, Burton Upon Trent DE130UW
Wednesday 5pm – 7pm Meadowside Leisure Centre – High Street Burton Upon Trent DE14 1TL
- Tuesday 9am - 12pm Cannock hospital, Brunswick Road
- Tuesday 1pm - 5pm Rugeley Community Centre, Rugeley
- Wednesday 9.30am - 11.30pm Gymophobics Stafford, 20a Grey Friars, Stafford / Gymophobics Rugeley, 3 Market St, Rugeley
- Friday Stafford hospital 2.30pm - 5pm fortnightly
- Monday 1pm – 4.30 Tamworth Library, B79 7DN
- Monday 9am – 12.30pm Stoney Delph Health Centre, B77 4JA
- Tuesday 9am – 10.30am Burntwood Library, WS7 2BX
- Wednesday 9.15am-1pm Curborough Community Centre, WS13 7NY