*Children and young people's autism service in South Staffordshire - Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust (MPFT)
The Children & Young People's Autism Service is the autism service for south Staffordshire.
We are pleased to announce that we are able to provide extra capacity for autism & OT assessments in southern Staffordshire. See our update for more information on:
• increased capacity for autism assessments, via new joint working relationships with Caudwell Children and Psion, in addition to additional recruitment by the NHS Trust themselves.
• The appointment of a new Occupational Therapist, who will be carrying out full OT assessments. This will include understanding the child’s sensory processing needs and the impact on their daily life.
Accessing the service
The service can be accessed by calling 0300 303 0691 between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) or by emailing email@example.com
Please note: Referrals into the service can only be made by a professional who has met with the child and family.
All referrals will be triaged by an NHS practitioner.
Please use our Children and Young People’s Autism Service referral form. The completed form should be forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an assessment is appropriate, the young person will receive a face-to-face assessment to help the practitioner understand the current difficulties.
Once the team has completed their assessment, they will talk through the options available, so that together we can plan and agree the best support.
Should a referral not be deemed to be appropriate, practitioners may contact referrers for more information or will signpost the family/young person to other services.
The current situation is generating a lot of anxiety and we are doing all that we can to support those who are experiencing this.
We have set up a 24/7 urgent NHS mental health service providing telephone support, advice and triage.
- The number to call for people living in South Staffordshire is 0300 555 5001
If you need urgent help you can contact
- Children and Young People’s Autism service on 0300 303 0691, between the hours of 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday, or
- First Response (social care and health) on 0800 1313 126 between the hours of 8.30am-5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am-4.30pm on Friday.
If you need urgent help out of hours (evenings, weekends or bank holidays) please contact:
- First Response Emergency Duty Team on 0345 604 2886
Should you require medical attention, please go straight to A&E.
Other Useful Contacts
- Emergency - 999
- Samaritans - 01952 256161 (local call rates) or 01953 116123 (free)
- Mind - 07434 869 248
- ChildLine - 0800 1111
- NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
- NHS (non-emergency) - 111
- Sexual Health Service - 0300 123 0994
- FRANK - 0800 776 600
Workshops, Resources and Further Information
Visit our website for more information on:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Service updates
- Videos, such as supporting children and young people with anxiety, and managing behaviour.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Children and Young People's Autism Service
- 0300 303 0691 between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust autism service south staffs website
If you have a specific question relating to the care of your child, please email the service at email@example.com.
- Referral required
- Referral Details