Educational Psychologists & Directory of Chartered Psychologists - independent and private

HCPC logo

The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulates health, psychological and care professionals. This includes practitioner psychologists, such as educational psychologists.  Anyone using this title must be registered with the HCPC.

The HCPC was set up to protect the public. To do this, they keep a register of professionals who meet their standards for training, professional skills, behaviour and health.

You can check the HCPC directory for free.  You will need the practitioner psychologist's surname or registration number to do this. You are advised to check that a practitioner is registered before deciding to use their services.

The British Psychological Society provide a Directory of Chartered Psychologists searchable by area.


Save to Shortlist
Skip back to top of page