Family Support Service by SCTSP
Working with families
We believe the family environment is one of the most important influences on children and young people.
When challenges start to emerge, ‘Early Intervention’ is key at minimising the impact this may have on family life.
We are a registered charity commissioned by Staffordshire County Council to deliver the 0-19 Family Support Service in South Staffordshire, Lichfield, Cannock and Stafford.
Our practitioners all have DBS clearance and qualified to a high level.
Families who take part in our programmes will have a dedicated Family Support Worker who will coordinate the most appropriate services needed from a range of agencies to ensure outcomes are achieved.
An Early Help Assessment will be completed with your family to identify your priorities and enable us to tailor our package of support for you. Working closely together with your Family Support Worker to build a plan which focuses on the needs of your family and the positive changes you would like to achieve.
What we aim to do?
Work with parents to support their child/ren to achieve the best possible outcomes using a practical hands on approach to include:
- Developing positive community relationships
- Positive parenting/behaviour management programmes
- Working with parents, early years and school settings to support emotional health and well being
- Build positive relationships between home and school to improve attainment for your child/ren
- Addressing challenging behaviours within the family
- Ensuring health needs of the family are considered
- Think 2 — Free 15 hours childcare places (2-3 years old)
- Bookstart Corner — Develop a love of stories, books and rhymes.
- Proactive Visits — Providing information, advice and guidance for parents with new babies
Who to contact
Where to go
- Paycare House
- WV2 4DX Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
We undertake home visits, you will not be required to attend the organisations offices.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We accept referrals from professionals and self-referrals. You can access our referral form via this page or by calling us on 01902 424147
What happens when I am referred to the service?
When a family is referred into the service they will be allocated to one of our Family Support Workers.
Family Support Workers will make contact with you to arrange a visit in your homes or at a suitable venue.
We will carry out an Early Help Assessment (EHA) this will help us to understand the needs and strengths of the family and develop a family plan to assist us collectively to achieve outcomes.