Skip to main content

*Children's education speech and language therapy - Staffordshire County Council

A children’s education speech and language therapy service is commissioned by Staffordshire County Council to support specific children and young people aged 0-25 who are resident in Staffordshire.

The service provides speech and language therapy to children and young people with speech, language and communication needs who have an Education Health and Care Plan which includes speech and language therapy.

The service offers: 

  • Advice

  • Therapy - this may be direct (a therapist working directly with child) or indirect (a therapist working with a parent, carer or other professional such as a teaching assistant who supports the child) 

  • Programmes and resources to support work at home and in a school setting 

  • Training for school or education staff.

Who can use your service?

Children and young people aged 0-25 who are resident in Staffordshire, and have an education, health and care plan (EHCP) which details speech and language therapy. 

Are there any costs?

There are no costs.

How do I refer?

Referrals can be made by:

  • SEND assessment and planning service

Who will we see?

The team delivering this service includes speech and language therapists who are employed by Midlands Partnership Foundation NHS Trust (MPFT). 

What happens when I come to the service?

A therapy programme will be developed. It will involve the speech and language therapy staff and others, including education staff, carrying out specific activities with your child. There will be clear aims to support the development of your child’s communication skills and these will be regularly reviewed by the speech and language therapist in school.

What happens when I become an adult?

 A referral can be made to adult services.

Who to contact


0300 123 1161 (Standard rate telephone number)


Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent - Speech and Language Therapy


Age ranges


Referral required


Who to contact

0300 123 1161 (Standard rate telephone number)

Where to go

Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Morston House
The Midway
ST5 1QG Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)

Other Details


Referral required
Other notes

The following links take you to some information for children with speech, language and communication difficulties:

Last updated: 08 Jan 2021
Is this information correct?