Your Family Hub Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies (COVID-19 Winter Grant Scheme)
Applications for the Family Hub Assistance Grants are now CLOSED, any applications that have been received will be processed in line with the guidance as stated below. If you have any questions about your ongoing application please contact email@example.com please include your application reference number.
This project is a short term grant allocated to Staffordshire County Council and will only be available whilst we have funds remaining. Please note completing the application does not guarantee your acceptance for the vouchers, we will contact you within 10 working days from receipt of your application to confirm if funds are still available and the arrange the next steps. Please ensure that you have completed the application in full to prevent any delays or an unsuccessful application.
Please note: Due to high demand we will now contact you within 10 working days from receipt of your application to arrange your face to face appointment, please do not email us to chase your application until 10 working days have passed. Once your application has been approved it will take up to 10 working days for you to receive your vouchers.
We don’t want anyone to go hungry in Staffordshire because of COVID-19. Your District Family Hub is here to help you if you are struggling to find the money to buy food.
Our District Family Hubs are helping individuals and families who need food supplies. If you can’t find the money to buy food as a result of COVID-19, we can help you. We may be able to help some families by providing them eVouchers to buy food from local supermarkets. We will also be able to put you in touch with people and organisations across Staffordshire and the West Midlands who are helping people with food and essential supplies. Our team of District Family Hubs will do everything we can to help you, so please get in touch.
Who is eligible for help?
If you are an adult with or without children, a Staffordshire County Council resident and meet one or more of the criteria’s below, you may be eligible for eVouchers:
- Universal Credit, or evidence from the Universal Credit Portal to show commencement of a claim
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Child Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- No Recourse to Public Funds
- Gypsy, Roma, Traveler
- Furlough(where your income is no more than £400.00 per week, evidence will be required from a pay slip before furlough commenced and a current pay slip showing a furlough payment)
- Recently Unemployed – P45 can be used as evidence
For all of the above listed criteria’s, evidence will be required to support your application.
- Dependent child living at home, under the age of 16 years with a child/children, (where means tested benefits are claimed)
- Staffordshire County Council Care Leaver – Application to be completed by professional working with care leaver
- Staffordshire County Council, Children’s Social Care
- Family Crisis or Exceptional Circumstances
Any children who are receiving Free School Meals (FSM) will not be eligible for voucher support at this time but members of the same household may be. This includes siblings who reside at home more than 4 days per week and parents and grandparents if they reside in the same house as the claimant. Eligible households can claim for a maximum of three weeks and this will be paid upfront in one payment. The financial support provided will be in eVoucher form and will only be for use in selected supermarkets and not online, all vouchers must be redeemed in full when used.
Here is a list of the supermarkets that you can choose from:
- Marks and Spencer
Vouchers can be provided via email or text only, please ensure you have access to an email account or smart phone to enable receipt of these. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to provide a collection point locally.
How do I access help if I am eligible?
If you think you are eligible, you are encouraged to complete an application online using the link below. Please ensure that you complete this application in full to prevent a delay or unsuccessful application, applications will only be accepted if submitted through the link below. Only complete 1 x application, do not reapply. You will be contacted by your District Family Hub within ten working days of your submitted application.
Please be aware that you will be asked to provide ID, evidence of your home address and also proof of your benefits or financial situation before a decision will be made around whether your applications is approved. This will be done via a virtual face to face meeting that will be prearranged with your District Family Hub. Once you have completed your application form, your District Family Hub will contact you to book an appointment for your virtual face to face meeting through Microsoft Teams or WhatsApp. Please do not send in photos of your evidence to the Family Hub pages.
Please note if you have previously applied for a Family Hub Grant please indicate this in the correct field on your application. If you have previously received a face to face call we can then submit your application direct for processing.
Please only complete the online application ONCE, do not reapply online unless you have been specifically asked to do so by the Family Hub Team.
Please note: applications are now closed.
Please note residents who have not already accessed the Family Hub Assistance Grant previously, will take priority.
You can find out more about how we will use your personal information here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I am not eligible for a voucher?
We will be able to put you in touch with people and organisations across Staffordshire who are helping people to find emergency food supplies, we will try to find you the best people to get in touch with for support. You are not alone; we are in this together.
When will I receive my vouchers?
Once your referral has been submitted, you will be contacted within 10 working days to arrange your face to face appointment unless you have already previously received the Family Hub Assistance Grant. Once the evidence has been witnessed, we will then confirm your application is a success and forward this for processing your vouchers. You will receive your vouchers via your preferred method within 10 working days.
How much will I receive?
Each eligible claimant can receive £15.00 per week for a maxim of 3 weeks, (£45.00 per person), this will be paid upfront as one payment once your referral has been approved and within 10 working days.
Please note: the information you provide will be processed by Staffordshire County Council in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. You can find out more about how we will use your personal information here.
Why we collect data
Staffordshire County Council has received a grant from Government to support those who are struggling to afford food and other essentials due to Covid-19.
We will collect data to ensure that this grant is used to support families and vulnerable individuals who are experiencing financial hardship, so that they are able to access food and essential supplies during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Families and vulnerable individuals will be able to apply for the Vouchers for Food and Essential Supplies Grant by contacting the Family Hub. If they are eligible, they will receive a voucher which can be redeemed within one of the supermarkets that are taking part in the scheme.
What data we collect
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Details of any children living at address
- Evidence to demonstrate that you are eligible for the E-Voucher (e.g. details of benefits received)
- Proof of identity (e.g. Passport / Drivers Licence / bank statement etc.)
How we collect your data
We may collect your data from:
- A referral from a professional
- You being in receipt of Staffordshire County Council Service
How we use and share your data
The information you provide us with will be used to determine your eligibility for this grant.
Where necessary, information may be shared with partners and other organisations that provide services on our behalf. In such cases, the information provided is only the minimum necessary to enable them to provide services to you. These organisations are required to retain your information in a secure manner and only use it to undertake the services they provide to you.
We are also required by law to protect the public funds we administer and may share information provided to us with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds in order to prevent and detect fraud. More information is available from the National Fraud Initiative web site.
How we look after your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations we have a legal duty to protect any information that we hold about you. We take measures to safeguard your data and apply security standards and controls to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Information which you have provided the council will be stored securely. It will only be used for the purpose(s) stated when the information was collected.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR you, as the Data Subject, you have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you. This information is usually provided free of charge but we may charge depending on the administrative costs of providing the information. You have the right to request this in machine-readable form so that it can, if required, be transferred to a third party.
- request that we rectify any information about you that is incorrect. Simple inaccuracies, such as address changes will be made. Depending on the purpose for processing, records (including statements and opinions) may not be changed. However, there may be the option for you to provide a supplementary statement which will be added to the file.
- request that records we hold about you are erased.
- restrict processing of the information we hold about you if you have an objection to that processing, whilst your objection is investigated.
- request that any information that you have provided to us is given back to you in a format that you can give to another service provider if required.
- object to processing of your personal information including automated decision making and profiling.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory authority if you are not satisfied with how the information held about you has been handled.
How to contact us
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - data queries only
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Unit
Staffordshire County Council
Staffordshire Place 2, Tipping Street,
Stafford, ST16 2LP.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Who to contact
If you have any questions then please email email@example.com
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?