Global Mediation - Mediation Service

Local Offer Staffordshire County Council
Global Mediation logo


Global Mediation offers free, efficient and confidential mediation and disagreement resolution services between parents/carers/young people and the Local Authority.  Mediation aims to help resolve disageements for children and young people who are being assessed for, or have an Education Health and Care Plan. Disagreement resolution arrangements are available for parents of all children and young people with SEND, where it has not been possible to resolve issues through the normal routes, such as a school or college complaints process.

  • Mediation is completely voluntary for parents/carers/young people
  • It is confidential
  • The mediator is impartial and will ensure all participants have the opportunity to be heard
  • It is offered free of charge to parents/carers/young people
  • The mediator has training in and experience of dealing with SEND cases

Mediation gives an opportunity for key people to meet face to face to explore all options with a view to achieving an outcome which is agreed by and acceptable to all concerned.

Mediation Advice

Global Mediation’s Mediation Adviser can be contacted on 0800 064 4488.  This service is free of charge and your conversation is confidential.  Once you have received mediation advice, it is up to you to decide whether you wish to engage in mediation. 

If you do want to try mediation, our Special Educational Needs and Disability Case Manager will make all the arrangements for you.

Contact Details

Phone number:  0800 064 4488

Email address:

Website:  Global Mediation                            

Right to appeal

If it has not been possible to reach an agreement with Staffordshire Local Authority over the assessment process or the provision of, or content of, an Education Health and Care Plan, you have the right of appeal to SENDIST, an independent first-tier tribunal which hears and decides appeals in relation to special educational needs.

In order to register an appeal you must first contact an independent Mediation Adviser, via the contact details above, and obtain a certificate to prove that you have done so.  The Mediation Adviser will provide you with factual information about mediation.  You do not have to have mediation advice if your appeal is only about placement, the health and social care elements of an Educaton Health and Plan or if it is a disability discrimination claim.

Your right to appeal is not affected if you do not have mediation first, and no inference will be drawn by the Tribunal if you have not used the mediation services.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Global Mediation
0800 064 4488 0800 064 4488
Global Mediation website
Scan to visit this website


Referral required


Save to Shortlist
Skip back to top of page