*Everyone Health Weight loss service
Upping the amount of physical activity you do each week is a fantastic way to help you lose weight and, as a result, improve your overall health and wellbeing.
In order to help you improve in these areas, Staffordshire County Council has teamed up with Everyone Health to support you in losing weight and getting more active.
We are providing FREE weekly group exercise classes for Staffordshire residents aged 50 and over who feel like they need to lose some weight, as part of a 12 week course.
The classes are social in nature and are run by fully qualified instructors, who provide 45 minutes of physical activity instruction and 45 minutes of nutrition advice every week.
The physical activity sessions usually consist of circuits classes, which give you the chance to try a number of different activities. We also have various chair based classes, dance classes and boxing classes across Staffordshire for you to choose from.
In North Staffs we also have a partnership with the following local leisure centres: Jubilee2, Brough Park, and Biddulph Valley leisure centres. This means that you can get a pass from us for 12 free sessions.
If you would prefer to attend Slimming World or Weight Watchers we can offer you a 12 week voucher to attend their group sessions instead if you would prefer. Don't worry you can still come to us for our exercise classes as well.
To be eligible you must have a BMI of over 30 (or over 28 if you have health conditions), and live in one of our targeted wards.
Find us at:
- Monday 9am – 12pm Biddulph Youth & Community Zone, Church Road
- Tuesday 2pm – 3.30pm Salvation Army, Chesterton
- Wednesday 1pm – 3pm Cornerstones, Silverdale
- Wednesday 4pm – 6.30pm Belong, Town
- Friday 9am – 12pm Higherland Church, Thistleberry
- Friday 1pm - 4.30pm Ramsey Road Community Centre, Cross Heath
Monday 9am – 11am Winshill Neighbourhood Resource Centre, Canterbury Road, Winshill
Monday 11.30am – 1.30pm Queen Street Community Centre, Queen Street
Monday 2.30pm – 5pm St Mary & St Modwen R C Church, 78a Guild Street
Thursday 1pm – 3pm St Chads Hall, 113 Hunters Street
- Monday 9am - 12pm Brereton Library, Talbot Road, Rugeley
- Monday 1pm - 5pm Perton Civic Centre
- Tuesday 10.30am - 12pm Rising Brook Methodist Church, Burton Square, Stafford
- Wednesday 9am - 1pm Dr Rasib GP Suite, Cannock hospital
- Wednesday 1.30pm - 5pm Avon Business and Leisure Centre, Cannock
- Thursday 9am - 1pm Chadsmoor Methodist Church, Cannock Road
- Thursday 2pm - 3.30pm St Barnabus Church Hall, 1 Hampton Green, Cannock
- Thursday 4.30pm - 6.30pm Barbanell Centre, 96 Stone Road, Stafford
- Friday 10am - 2pm Avon Business and Leisure Centre, Cannock
- Tuesday 11am- 1pm, Old Mining College, WS7 8QH
- Tuesday 4pm – 7pm, St Peters Church, B77 2HH
- Wednesday 9.30am -12pm, Curborough Community Centre, WS13 7NY
- Wednesday 1pm – 4pm, St Martins Church, B77 4JA
- Wednesday 2pm - 5pm, Smalley Court, Lichfield
- Wednesday 2pm - 5pm, St Johns Church, Tamworth, B79 7EX
Who to contact
- Referral Details
We cover 52 specific ward areas which are: Brereton and Ravenhill, Cannock East, Cannock North, Cannock South, Hednesford North, Western Springs, Anglesey, Eton Park, Horninglow, Shobnall, Stapenhill, Winshill, Chadsmead, Curborough, Summerfield and All Saints, Audley and Bignall End, Bradwell, Chesterton, Cross Heath, Holditch, Knutton and Silverdale, Ravenscliffe, Thistleberry, Newcastle Town, Perton Lakeside, Common (Stafford), Coton, Highfields and Western Downs, Manor (Stafford) Penkside, Biddulph East, Leek North, Belgrave,
Bolehall, Castle, Glascote, Mercian (Tamworth), Stonydelph and Chasetown.
- Other notes
Please be advised clinics may be subject to change. Contact us to book your place at your preferred venue, where we will confirm days and times with you.
Other clinic timetables will follow shortly.