Skip to main content
Staffordshire County Council services

NYAS Advocacy for Children and Young People

Staffordshire’s Children and Young People’s Advocacy Service is provided by the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS).  We offer advocacy for all children and young people with SEND up to age 25.

The service provides advocacy support to children and young people to ensure they have a voice in decisions made about their lives, in the way they are looked after, in the services they receive and in the development of services. This is not an ongoing service. This is a service that is to be used to gain the views of the child or young person on certain issues that are going on in their lives at that point in time.

Who can use your service?

The following children and young people can use the service:

  • Looked After Children (LAC)
  • Children with emotional wellbeing/mental health issues (EWB)
  • Children Subject to a Child Protection Plan  (CP)
  • Children & young people with Learning Disabilities (LD)
  • Children & young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

Children and young people must be aged between 5 and 18 years and up to 25 years of age if they are care leavers or children and young people with SEND. 

Are there any costs?

There are no costs.

How can I refer?

You can contact us direct, or you can ask someone to contact us for you by:

Phone: 0800 808 1001
Web: NYAS secure referral portal
Web: Secure online chat and advice room for children and young people

You can also download the NYAS app.

What happens after referral?

A member of staff from NYAS will contact you to understand what support is needed and make an appointment to meet with you.

Who will we see?

The child or young person will see an advocate who will understand their wishes and support them to speak up and have their say through their issue. The advocate is able to support the child or young person at meetings too.

What happens when I come to the service?

The service will more be more likely to visit you in a place where you wish to meet..

What happens when I become an adult?

There are other advocacy services available if needed. More detail is on this web page.

How do I find out more?

 Please visit the Staffordshire County Council web page or our NYAS webpage.

Who to contact

Contact Name
0808 808 1001

Where to go

N Y A S, Unit 2-4, Tower House, 1
Tower Road
CH41 1FF Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)

Other Details


Referral required
Referral Details



Other notes

This service covers the whole of Staffordshire.

Last updated: 21 Jun 2019
Is this information correct?
Back to top