Family Hub Cooking - Cooking for a family on a budget
It can be difficult to decide what to cook at mealtimes, especially when you have a family and need something that everyone will enjoy! This page is dedicated to help you with: -
- Meal inspiration and ideas for trying new recipes.
- Cooking whilst keeping to tight a budget.
- Ideas for meals that are healthy and nutritious
- Recipes that are easy to follow for the novice cooks amongst us, some of our recipes also have a video for you to watch on our You Tube Channel.
Just click below on the recipe for a downloadable recipe card or on the video link to be taken to the YouTube Chanel. If you try any of our recipes we would love for you to upload pictures onto your local Family Hub Facebook page. Also let us know if you made any swops, we can then share your ideas.
We will be adding new recipes weekly, so keep on coming back for more!
- Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe or Tuna Pasta Bake YouTube Video
- Pasta Bolognese Recipe or Pasta Bolognese YouTube Video
- Beef Hotpot Recipe
- Chicken Kebab Recipe or Chicken Kebab Recipe YouTube Video
- Chickpea and Potato Curry Recipe
- Corned Beef Hash Recipe
- Cottage Pie Recipe or Cottage Pie Recipe YouTube Video
- Easy Cheese Pasta Recipe
- Easy Fish Burgers Recipe
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas Recipe or Easy Tortilla Pizzas YouTube Video
- Ham and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Jacket Potato, Tuna and Sweetcorn Recipe or Jacket Potato, Tuna and Sweetcorn YouTube Video
- Sausage and Bean Casserole Recipe
- Super Easy Lasagne Recipe or Super Easy Lasagne YouTube Video
- Toad in the Hole Recipe or Toad in the Hole YouTube Video
- Tomato Pasta Bake Recipe or Tomato Pasta Bake YouTube Video
- Various Toppings Omelette Recipe
- Vegetarian Chilli Recipe
- Easy Cheese Potato Pie Recipe or Easy Cheese and Potato Pie YouTube Video
- Chilli Con Carne Recipe or Chilli Con Carne YouTube Video
- Cheese and Bean Pasties Recipe or Cheese and Bean Pasties YouTube Video
Lunch or Snacks - These recipes can be used for lunch time, a quick snack or as part of your main meal
- Bacon and Egg Bagel Recipe or Bacon and Egg Bagel YouTube Video
- Boiled Egg and Soldiers Recipe
- Cheese and Bacon Loaded Skins Recipe or Cheese and Bacon Loaded Skins YouTube Video
- Cheesy Coleslaw Recipe or Cheesy Coleslaw Recipe YouTube Video
- Cheesy Scones Recipe
- Cheesy Toastie Recipe or Cheesy Toastie YouTube Video
- Crustless Quiche Recipe
- Fishfinger Sandwich Recipe or Fish Finger Sandwich YouTube Video
- Ham and Tomato Crumpets Recipe
- Hummus Lunch Ideas or Hummus YouTube Video
- Pizza Muffins Recipe or Pizza Muffins YouTube Video
- Potato Wedges Recipe
- Salad Wrap Recipe
- Scrummy Scones Recipe or Scrummy Scones YouTube Video
- Straight from the Fridge Omelette Recipe
- Summer Salad Recipe
- Veggie Frittata Recipe or Veggie Frittata YouTube Video
- One Pot Pasta Recipe or One Pot Pasta YouTube Video
- Eggy Bread Recipe or Eggy Bread YouTube Video
- Stuffed Peppers with Couscous Recipe or Stuffed Pepper with Couscous You
- Cheese Muffins Recipe or Cheese Muffins YouTube Video
- Banana and Oat Yogurt Pots Recipe or Banana and Oat Yogurt Pots YouTube Video
- Banana and Orange Oat Bars Recipe or Banana and Orange Oat Bars YouTube Video
- Banana Loaf Recipe or Banana Loaf YouTube Video
- Choco Popcorn Cakes Recipe
- Chocolate Brownie in a Mug Recipe
- Easy Cupcakes Recipe or Easy Cupcakes YouTube Video
- Easy Peely Banana Ice-Cream Recipe or Easy Peely Banana Ice-Cream YouTube Video
- Flapjacks Recipe
- Frozen Yogurt Lolllies Recipe
- Jelly Mousse Recipe or Jelly Mousse YouTube Video
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pots Recipe
- Refrigerator Cake Recipe or Refrigerator Cake YouTube Video
- Rice Crispy Cakes Recipe or Rice Crispy Cakes YouTube Video
- Shortbread Biscuit Recipe or Shortbread Biscuit YouTube Video
- Very Berry Crumble Recipe or Very Berry Crumble YouTube Video
- Sweet and Savoury Pancakes Recipe or Sweet and Savoury Pancakes YouTube Video
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe or Chocolate Chip Cookies YouTube Video
- Fruit Kebab Recipe or Fruit Kebab YouTube Video
- Banana Split Pops Recipe or Banana Split Pops YouTube Video
- Kay's Banana Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe or Kay's Bread and Butter Pudding YouTube Video
- Banana Pancakes Recipe or Banana Pancakes YouTube Video
Quick and Easy Meals
Toasted bread with toppings is a favorite speedy meal for many whilst being easy to make and affordable. There list could be endless but some of the less common toppings for ideas are: -
- Red pepper and goats cheese.
- Pesto and lemon.
- Hummus with sliced beetroot.
- Cheese with chopped grapes.
- Peanut butter and chopped banana.
- Crushed peas with mint.
- Mashed chickpeas with lemon.
We also must not forget the Staffordshire Oatcake, a cheap and versatile treat that is cheap to buy, these can be filled with sweet or savoury fillings.
Hints and Tips
- Why not swop the ingredients to make new recipes that meet your tastes or dietary requirements.
- Get the whole family involved, everyone is more likely to taste and eat new foods if they help to create the meals.
Who to contact
- Family Hubs
- Other notes