Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services (SCVYS)
SCVYS is a registered charity and our aim is to ensure the development and recognition of a vibrant, sound and diverse voluntary sector focusing on support for children, young people and families.
We provide development support to voluntary Children, Families and Youth organisations in Staffordshire including mother and toddler groups, family/parenting support groups, youth clubs, uniformed organisations, SEND groups, sports, arts and faith organisations.
Our support offer includes advice and guidance on:
* Starting up a new group including developing your committee and constitution
* Developing your policies and procedures e.g. Safeguarding, Health & Safety
* Registering your organisation as a Charity, CIO or CIC
* Finding and applying for grant funding
* Recruiting and managing volunteers
* Accessing training opportunities e.g. First Aid, Food Hygiene, Safeguarding, Youth Work
* DBS requirements and screening of volunteers and paid staff
* Promoting your club/project/service or activities on our online activities map
* We also provide a range of youth engagement opportunities for young people e.g. Staffs Youth Union, UKYP and Bremen Friendship Camp
Call us to find out more about how we can help.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Phil Pusey
- Contact Position
- Chief Executive
- 01785 240378
- Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services (SCVYS)
- SCVYS Facebook Page
Where to go
- Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services
42a, Eastgate Street
- ST16 2LY Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
- Our venue is not wheelchair accessible
- Car parking nearby
- Wifi is available
- Service is Free
- Membership is free. To be eligible for membership, we ask for a set of minimum standards to be met. This is to ensure that the groups/organisations we support are running as safely as possible and are growing in their strength and capability to deliver a programme of activities or support to children, young people and families.
- Referral required
- Other notes
Registered Charity: 1129957
Company Number: 6876220
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?