Specialist children and young people's advocacy and independent visitor services - Change, Grow, Live Children's Rights Service
We offer advocacy and independent visitor services.
Independent Advocacy Service
We provide an advocacy service to:
- Looked after children.
- Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Children subject to a child protection plan.
- Children with a learning disability and difficulties.
The service is available to children and young people from the above groups between the ages of 5 to 18 years, and up to the age of 25 for those with SEND, or for care leavers.
What is an advocate?
- An advocate is independent -this means they are not part of other services such as social care, education or health.
- An advocate will not give their opinion or tell you what to do.
- An advocate can help to explain things to you and give you information about your rights.
- The service is confidential and free
How can an advocate help?
- will listen to you.
- will help your views, wishes and feelings be heard.
- can go to meetings with you or for you (meeting can include Looked After Child reviews, child protection meetings, Child in Need meetings, EHCP meetings, SEND tribunals and mediation, education meetings, Public Law Outline (PLO) meetings and many more)
- will explain what your rights are.
- can help you to make a complaint.
Independent Visitor Service
An independent visitors service is available to looked after children in Staffordshire.
Independent visitors provide both emotional and practical advice and support throughout their journey from care to independent living. Volunteers are matched with a child or young person under 18 years of age (referred before 17 ½ years), who require extra support and encouragement. More information can be found on the request a service form.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Who can refer?
Anybody can make a referral for a child or young person to have an advocate as long as they have their consent.
How do I request an advocate or find out more?
Telephone/SMS: 07809 587 007. Email: SSCRS@cgl.org.uk
You can also complete an online referral form on the CGL website
Independent Advocate Referral Form:
Independent Visitor service
How do I get in contact?
Change Grow Live Staffordshire Independent Visitor Project
Unit 30, Staffordshire Business Village, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0TW
Telephone: 01785 887 954/07912 120 158. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I request a service?
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?