Disabled Living Foundation - parents of disabled children
We are a national charity providing impartial advice, information and training on independent living since 1969.
Living made easy
If you are a parent or carer of a disabled child, or a healthcare professional looking for ideas, advice and information about daily living equipment from a source you can trust, you've come to the right place.
We at the Disabled Living Foundation do NOT sell any products but we CAN help you find the people that do.
We provide information on:
- clothing for children - lists a range of clothing for disabled children
- communication - information on equipment to assist your child with computing or communication.
- Daily living - equipment designed to assist your child with daily living activities such as personal care and eating and drinking.
- Equipment for house and home - impartial information and advice on equipment to assist your child at home. Topics include baby monitors, beds, cots and accessories, chairs and desks and stairlifts.
- Mobility and standing - includes buggies, cycles, wheelchairs, walking equipment, standing equipment and related accessories designed specifically for children with disabilities.
- Transport - details of baby carriers, car seats, buggies and cycles for children and young people with disabilities.
A factsheet on choosing children's daily living equipment and information on funding can also be found within Living Made Easy.
AskSara - Children
AskSara Children's section provides information on:
- Out and about - cycling, swimming, car seats and harnesses, and play equipment.
- In the home - eating and drinking, beds and sleeping, bathroom and toilet, reading, toys, games and play, music and TV.
Who to contact
Where to go
143 Landmark House
Hammersmith Bridge Road
- W6 9EJ Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
- Service is Free
- Contribution may be required
- Costs vary. Please contact us or see our website for further information.