Rehabilitation Service - Stone, Eccleshall, Stafford
This multidisciplinary team (occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy) provides community rehabilitation to individuals in the Stone and Eccleshall area who suffer from physical conditions which may be acquired, progressive, congenital, or palliative in nature. The team aim to improve function, independence and promote self-management through therapy programmes and/or equipment provision either in the individuals own homes or gym at Stone Rehabilitation Centre.
The physiotherapists in the team, in addition, provide a service to residents in the Stafford and surrounding area.
Who can use our service?
- Individuals over 16 years of age
- Stone or Eccleshall GP for multi-disciplinary team
- Stafford and surrounds GP for domiciliary physiotherapy
- Individuals whose ability to carry out activities of daily living have declined and who would be willing and able to participate in therapeutic activity
Are there any costs?
There are no costs.
How can I refer?
- Open referral for individuals with Stone/Eccleshall GP.
- GP referral for domiciliary physiotherapy.
- A completed referral form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens after referral?
Each referral is triaged within 24 hours of receipt and allocated to the most appropriate clinician and rated for urgent or routine response. Those requiring an urgent response will be seen within 10 working days. Appointments are made via telephone in the first instance or by letter.
Who will we see?
Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Speech and Language therapists, Rehabilitation Technicians
What happens when I come to the service?
Individuals may be seen in their own home or at the clinic. The initial contact will be an assessment from which the individual and therapist will discuss and agree goals and treatment plan with timescales. The implementation of the treatment plan may be delegated to a rehabilitation technician with periodic reviews with the clinician. Internal referral to other clinicians within the team may also take place. Eg a patient with mobility and speech issues may be seen by physiotherapist and speech and language therapist concurrently with the rehab technician implementing treatment plan from both clinicians. Discharge will take place when the agreed goals have been completed
What happens when I become an Adult?
Referrals to Stone Rehabilitation team can be made after the individual's 16th birthday.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Team Leader
- 01785 816915 01785 816915
- Rehabilitation Service website page
- Scan to visit this website
- Referral required