Accessing support for adults - 18 years and over

Local Offer Staffordshire County Council
Staffordshire County Council logo

More information about the range of adult social care and health services can be accessed found on Staffordshire County Council's web pages.

How to Access Support

Care and Support Needs

If you have care and support needs, you can find out more information on the Staffordshire County Council website 

Help for People with Disabilities

If you have are an adult with a disability or care for someone with a disability, there is a variety of support available from individuals and local organisations. More information can be accessed here

Short breaks for adults with disabilities

For more information please see our Day Opportunties and Respite for adults with disabilities/complex needs on our social care page.

Adult Learning Disability Team

We work in partnership to ensure that people who need support are able to maintain and maximise independence.

Who can use your service?

Viist Staffordshsire County Council's website for more information on eligibility and criteria for care and support.

Are there any costs?

There are no costs for advice, guidance or assessment but there may be a future contribution to care costs required dependent on individual circumstances

How can I refer?

If under 18 and already receiving a support package the children’s service should contact the Adults team to transfer responsibility for your support.

If you are 18 or coming up to 18 and not in receipt of any services please contact Staffordshire Contact Centre on:

Phone: 0300 111 8010
Text/SMS (for people with a hearing impairment) 07814 194 111
Minicom: 01785 276207

What happens after referral?

You will speak to an agent who will take some details and offer advice and guidance, if you need further support you will be called by a social care practitioner who will carry out an assessment over the phone and offer further advice and guidance.

If you require face to face support you will be referred to the Supporting Independence Service who will come and visit to discuss the support you need. This could include support with developing your independence skills or employment,

OR if you require a formal assessment you will be passed on to the relevant district Adult Learning Disability team.

How do I find out more?

More information is available on the Staffordshire County Council website. or by reading our guide to adult social care.

You can also complete a self assessment to help identify what your needs are. The self assessment will direct you towards information, advice and services that could help you to live independently and improve your wellbeing.

The Your Care Journey video, below, provides an overview of Staffordshire's adult social care services and how our processes work.

Disability rights UK provides further information about assessment, eligibility and support planning.


Who to contact

Contact Name
Staffordshire Cares
0300 111 8010 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, except bank holidays 0300 111 8010 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, except bank holidays

Emergency Duty Service - Outside Office Hours

In an emergency, outside office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service.


Mobile (for texts only)





Age Ranges
Up to 18 years
Referral required


Save to Shortlist
Skip back to top of page