Back Dane Trust - Peak District cottage for hire by charities/good causes at very low rates
The Beasley Back Dane Trust is a charity run by volunteers. It owns a farmhouse (Back Dane) in the Peak District at the western end of The Roaches, approximately half way between Leek and Macclesfield.
In recent years the building has undergone a huge renovation programme that enables us to take the building into the 21st century by providing bunk accommodation for up to 23 people in 5 comfortable bedrooms. The cottage also contains a sitting room, dining room, fully fitted kitchen, a large, bright activity room, a boot room and laundry downstairs as well as 2 shower rooms and 4 w/cs. It is set in beautiful open land that leads down to the River Dane.
There is also a woodland nature trail, fairy village, wildflower meadow, riverside area and a sensory garden.
The cottage is available for charities and good causes to hire either on a day basis or overnight.
Roughly once a month we have what is known as an improvement weekend where volunteers go to Back Dane to maintain the cottage and land. Anybody is welcome to come along to these weekends.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Back Dane
- SK11 0RF Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
The Beasley Back Dane's Trust's objectives are:
1. To provide volunteering opportunities and training in a spirit of friendship and understanding, without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation/identity or politics.
2. To provide educational and recreational facilities for:
- Those in distress including disabled children and adults
- Those facing poverty
- The elderly
- Disadvantaged children and young people
3. To apply considered ecological and environmental principles to our property, grounds and services in order to limit the environmental impact of our operations.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £60 per day
- Service is Free
- £7.50 per night for children, £15 per night for adults with a minimum charge of £60 per night during the week. Slightly more at weekends - see the website for more information.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Only charities and good causes can book Back Dane.
- Other notes
There are no accessible bedrooms downstairs, there is one flight of stairs to upstairs bedrooms.
There is no public transport to Back Dane, access is down a 3 mile track from the Swythamley/Wincle road.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?