Cannock Team, Safer Communities CIC
We aim to help young people aged 16-25 years who are currently out of work, education or training to progress and develop in order to unlock their potential. We start on 19th October 2020.
The Team Programme is a FREE 12-week personal development programme where the young people can gain new skills, complete an accredited qualification and meet new people. During the 12-weeks, they will be challenged to:
- Take on their own group community project, making a positive difference to the place where they live
- Gain work experience in something they’re interested in (geared towards being a stepping stone towards their ultimate goal)
- Develop their English and Maths skills
- Boost their confidence and self esteem
- Challenge their perceptions of the world around them and help them to grow awareness and positive attitudes
- Reduce anxiety
- Develop employability and social integration skills
Whilst the young people are with us, they also work towards a national qualification which consists of seven modules outlined below:
- Planning for personal development
- Teamwork Skills
- Community Project
- Work Experience
- Career Planning
- Presentation Skills
- Supporting others in the community
As part of the course, we also spend time developing interview skills and CV’s to ensure that their confidence is sky-high when taking their next steps, as well as six months of follow on support upon completion of the Team programme. Furthermore, we provide a breakfast club in the morning and can help with travel costs for the young people.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Cannock Community Fire Station
Old Hednesford Road
- WS11 6LD Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
- Service is Free
- Free to all
- Our Programme is FREE for anyone aged 16 - 25 not in education, employment or training. Our Programme will not affect any benefits you may be claiming from the JCP.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
For the Prince's Trust Team Programme, you can either:
- Self refer using the contact details on this advert,
- Be referred through a professional organisation you are working with,
- Refer on behalf of a family member.
Our staff are happy to speak to potential clients over the phone and explain our programme in more detail.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?