Mencap supported internship programme
The Interns And Outcomes programme offers people with a learning disability the opportunity to get practical work-based learning experience, providing a smooth transition from education to paid employment or further study.
Who is the programme for?
Interns And Outcomes is for young people aged 16-24 who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
What the programme offers
The programme can be tailored to the unique needs and career aspirations of the individual. Interns And Outcomes:
- is a full-time study programme
- offers a long-term work experience placement
- enables each individual to learn the skills they need for work through practical on-the-job learning, supported by a job coach
- is very flexible and can be delivered as an accredited or non accredited provision.
What is included?
Interns And Outcomes comprises:
- assessment of prior learning and educational attainment
- vocational profiling – a tool for documenting and structuring
- information about an individual’s abilities and interests
- enrolment and induction
- pre-placement preparation
- matching to an employer according to skills, development needs and choice
- work experience – 1-3 placements, dependant on the person and the employer
- Support provided throughout the placement by a job coach
- accredited or non-accredited work-related and personal development
- learning, including English and maths
- observation and records of progress and achievement
- non-accredited personal and social development, for example, travel training, communication skills, social skills for the workplace, money management and timekeeping skills as well as plans to move on to other pathways to work
- sustainability and tracking – working with the employer and individual to ensure placements are a success.
How it works
Interns And Outcomes can be delivered through different models, depending on the individual’s needs.
How do I find out more?
If you would like to find out more about our Interns And Outcomes programme, download our booklet, visit our
email: Jacqui.email@example.com or
telephone: 01543 505079 or 07944 723 773