Accessing support for children - up to 17 years
The Families & Communities service ensures that the needs of children, young people and families across Staffordshire are identified early, the right help is put in place and problems are stopped from getting worse.
Our service employs people with a range of skills to make sure Staffordshire's children and families are safe and well.
Staffordshire Family Practitioner Service
The Family Practitioner Service offer support for families who may be facing multiple or complex difficulties.
Family Practitioners are able to provide 1:1 support for children and young people. They can also help parents and carers with difficulties they may be having, which are affecting family life.
More information about the Family Practitioner Service and how you can refer can be found here.
Support for children with disabilities
If you are in need of higher level support you can request a social work assessment. This will assess the needs of your child.
- Staffordshire Children’s Advice and Support service during office hours (Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm) on 0800 1313 126 or by completing an online enquiry form on Staffordshire County Council's main website.
- In an emergency, outside office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0345 604 2886 or email: email@example.com
More information on support for children and young people with disabilities can be found on the Staffordshire County Council web site.
Support for carers and young carers
Children who are Young Carers
Young carers can carry out significant or substantial caring tasks, taking on a level of responsibility that is well above what should be expected from a young person. If you live in Staffordshire or care for someone who lives in Staffordshire there is support for you at the Staffordshire Together for Carers Service.
You are a carer if you provide regular unpaid care to someone because they are ill, elderly or disabled. This includes family members. Staffordshire Together for Carers Service can provide you with information, advice and help support you in your caring role.
If you would like to explore the whole range of support options available to help you sustain your caring role please contact Staffordshire County Council who will undertake a Statutory Carers Assessment.
Carers of all ages can contact the County Council for information, advice and support related to their caring role. Young Carers have their own dedicated telephone number should they wish to speak to a Young Carers Assessor.
Young Carers: 03450 138 208
Adult Carers: 0300 111 8010
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Staffordshire Children’s Advice and Support Service - Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- 0300 111 8007 and select option 1 0300 111 8007 and select option 1
- Staffordshire County Council First Response Contact Details
- Scan to visit this website
Emergency Duty Service - Outside Office Hours
In an emergency, outside office hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service.
Telephone: 0345 604 2886
- Age Ranges
- Up to 18 years
- Referral required