Skip to main content

Young People with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in youth custody

Young people with special educational needs and disabilities involved with the statutory youth offending service will have an allocated youth offending service worker who will ensure that all education services continue for the young person whether they are in the community or in custody. 

What happens next?

When a young person gets a statutory court order this information is received by the youth offending service and allocated to a youth offending service worker.

The youth offending service worker will arrange the support for the young person from a youth offending service education worker.

The Education worker will ensure the young person's special educational needs are met.

Further information

More information about young people with SEND in youth custody.

Who to contact

Staffordshire County Council - young offenders website page

Other Details

Local Offer

SEN Provision Type
Last updated: 30 May 2019
Is this information correct?
Back to top