Direct Payments support service - Ideal For All
Ideal for All is a user-led registered charity and social enterprise working to make life better for disabled, elderly and vulnerable people and their carers.
We are proud to be a user-led organisation with an active membership of nearly 3,500 individuals who are heard, engaged and represented in our vision, values and principles and in the way we co-design and deliver services to meet their needs.
We have supported more than 23,000 individuals since we were established in 1996 with information, guidance and access to a range of independent living activities, direct payment services, employability programmes, health and wellbeing projects, and peer support groups.
Based in Sandwell, our team deliver services across the West Midlands and neighbouring regions. We are an award winning provider of person centred services that achieve positive outcomes for people in terms of improvements in mental and physical health and wellbeing; reduced isolation; improved knowledge, skills and opportunities; employability; and increased independence.
Ideal for All has been supporting people in receipt of a direct payment to manage their health and care needs since 1997.
Each year we provide a range of services to over 1,000 direct payment recipients, enabling them to direct their care in a way that suits them.
By choosing Ideal for All you can expect the highest level of support, tailored to your individual needs, designed to increase your independence and improve your health and wellbeing.
Take a look at our direct payment support services below. You can also download our DP Services infographic via our website and see what some of our existing clients say in our case studies section.
To speak to our Direct Payments Support Team call 0121 558 5555 or send an email and we’ll be in touch.
Referrals can be made by the public or by their allocated social worker. A downloadable form is available further down this page.
Information, Advice and Guidance
Working in partnership with your local authority and/or health authority we can support you to understand how direct payments work. We can answer any questions you might have about who can get a direct payment, eligibility criteria, the assessment process, right through to options for managing your budget and what it can be used to purchase. Anything you want to know about direct payments and personal budgets.
Recruitment Support including DBS checking
If you choose to employ your own care staff or personal assistant/s, we can support you to recruit the right person for the role, including advice on job descriptions, employment contracts, and other aspects of hiring employees using your direct payment. We can also assist with provision of a DBS checking service. Call 01215585555, select option 1 and ask one of our Direct Payment support staff about this service.
When you pay a carer or personal assistant directly using a direct payment or personal health budget, you are classed as an employer. Ideal for All can provide you with the necessary information and training to become a good employer, working with you at your pace to understand employment law, your responsibilities, and also keep you updated as legal requirements change.
We offer a reliable and low cost payroll service for employers of personal assistants or carers. Our qualified and experienced staff can manage your payroll, ensuring your staff are paid on time, every time. We have no set up fees, no end of year fees and no hidden costs. Charges only apply per payslip produced.
What we do for Payroll customers:
- Register you as an employer with HMRC
- Obtain authorisation from you to act on your behalf to liaise with HMRC
- Process employee (your carer / personal assistant) timesheets on a payroll run of your choice i.e. weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly basis
- Monitor employee timesheets against your care package
- Issue payslips to employees by the date set out in the payroll calendar
- Prepare P45s when employees leave
- Provide advice on payroll related issues, such as holiday pay
- Assist with auto-enrolment in line with the pensions regulation, including enrolling on a pensions scheme and making deductions from pay.
If required, Ideal for All can also manage your direct payment funds. You will still have control over your care package, our qualified and experienced staff can manage and monitor your funds on your behalf. This option suits individuals who may need or want additional support managing their care funding. We can offer this service for direct payments or personal health budgets.
What we do for Managed Account customers:
- Set up the process to have a managed account
- Set up a dedicated account in your name
- Receive and hold all direct payments/personal health budget funds
- Arrange to pay all the agreed outgoings (PA wages, care agency fees, insurance and any other bills as agreed by you and the council/NHS)
- Pay all amounts due to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Keep a record of all the income received and payments made
- Provide you with a statement showing all transactions.
- Support Planning
In order to receive a personal budget you will need to create a support plan to show how you intend to use your budget to meet your needs. Working closely with you, Ideal for All can assist you to produce a support plan, ensuring all your care requirements are costed and included.
Personal Health Budgets
Personal health budgets have been introduced by the NHS to help people with long-term conditions have a greater say over the healthcare and support they receive. Ideal for All can guide you through the process of accessing a personal health budget via a direct payment, including developing an individual care and support plan. More about Personal Health Budgets
Self-funding your care
If you’re not eligible for financial help towards the cost of your care or health needs from your local authority or the NHS, you’ll have to pay for your care and support privately. If you’re funding your own care, you can purchase many of the services we provide for direct payment recipients such as recruitment, employment, and payroll services. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Michelle Drinkwater
- Contact Position
- Direct Payments Manager
- 01215585555 01215585555
- Ideal For All Direct Payments Suppport Service
- Scan to visit this website
- Ideal For All Direct Payments Suppport Service
Please like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for up to date news on the DP service and other Ideal for All news.
Where to go
- Independant Living Centre
100, Oldbury Road
- B66 1JE
- Employers and public Liability Insurance. £90 per year
- Information Adsvice and Guidance for employment of Personal Assistants £150 per year
- Specialist recruitment support upon set up £250 unit
- Additional recruitment support £150 unit
- Completion of DBS check support £56.60 item
- Payroll services £2.50 per week on four weekly cycle (plus £1 per week for every additional employee) per week
- Managed account support £3.15 per week
- Additional support beyond standard menu items £17.50 per hour
- The menu of services identified is a standard cost. Direct payment recipients can choose as many services as they are entitled or wish to receive.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made directly by Direct Payment recipients or by their social worker. The referral for is available for download further down this page.
- Other notes
Not currently a Direct Payment recipient? The first step is to contact your local authority or health authority for an assessment to find out whether or not you are entitled to care and support. Click on the weblinks above to access the right department.
My local or health authority is not listed. Don’t worry; regardless of where you live, we are able to support you with your direct payment. Contact us for more information.