Let Us Play - Activities and Parent Support
Let Us Play is a small, registered charity based in Wolverhampton. We were set up in 2003 by a group of parents with disabled children to provide sports, arts and play activities and outings for children with special needs and disabilities and their families in Wolverhampton.
Our activities are for children and young people between the ages of 5 and 19 in line with the local special schools.
All of our staff and volunteers have fully enhanced DBS clearance. We have a safeguarding policy and other related policies in place and all of our staff receive training in child protection.
Becoming a member
We kindly ask that all families who attend Let Us Play activities become members. Membership helps us to apply for funding as it is strong evidence of the demand for our services. Members always get the newsletter several days before activities are advertised more widely, therefore getting priority for bookings.
Membership is £20 for a year. A membership form is available in our download section to the right of the page.
Please see our website for the latest newsletter and more details on booking information. For children and young people who can’t attend Let Us Play activities we do have some toys and games to send out. They are suitable for all kinds of abilities and ages please request off Claire. It might take us a day or two to get them to you.
Aiming High Activities
We are also able to provide activities through Aiming High. Priority will be given to parents in South Staffordshire. If you live outside of South Staffordshire please contact us to see if there are any additional places.
Parents Group - socially distanced
Our parents group is open to all adults who have paid Let Us Play family membership and is free of charge. Please let Claire know if you are coming.
Latest COVID official guidance
We are not allowed to accept children who have travelled to a session in a vehicle other than the one that belongs to their family.
Track and Trace
Let Us Play is fully supportive of the track and trace system. Of course we keep registers of attendance. We also have the QR code available in our foyer for those who choose to use it.
We will do our very best to ensure that:
- No member of staff will work if they are unwell
- Hand sanitising and washing will take place regularly at sessions
- When indoors no more than 9 children will be present
- Children will be allocated to a staff member who will support them throughout the session.
- We will socially distance to at least one meter when sitting
- Any child who becomes unwell will be sent home or isolated.
- Every surface, toy and toilet will be sanitised at the start of the session
- Our office has been deep cleaned, all bags and containers have been washed.
- Sessions for more than 9 children will take place outdoors.
- Unless needed coats will be sent home
- No lunch boxes are allowed
- No toys from home are allowed
- All biscuits and where possible snacks will be individually wrapped.
- No self-service for food allowed.
- We are offering a storage service if you don’t want to take crafts home that day.
- We will notify Track and Trace and families directly if a family member becomes covid positive.
- All staff and children will have their temperature taken at the start of the session.
We are asking that parent / carers ensure that:
- No toys are bought to sessions
- If your child needs a special diet please phone us in advance.
- Please don’t send your child if they are unwell in anyway.
- If your child is coughing due to asthma you must let us see their medication with their name on the label.
- Please take coats home if session is indoors
- Please don’t waste allocated places, they are going to be precious this summer.
- Please turn up on time and collect on time. We must have time to clean after a session.
- If a member of your family becomes Covid positive after a session you must tell us.
However despite this these are special children who don’t fully understand social distancing in many cases, we will do our very best but can’t guarantee. Parents will have to risk assess and decide for themselves if they accept the risk.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Let Us Play
7 Shaw Park Business Village
- WV10 9LE Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
See our website for further information
- Service is Free
- Once you are a member of Let Us Play almost all of the activities including most trips are free of charge.
- Referral required
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?