Professionals only - Your Family Hub Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies (COVID-19 Winter Grant Scheme)
PROJECT CLOSED 31ST MARCH 2021
This project is a short-term grant allocated to Staffordshire County Council and will only be available whilst we have funds remaining. Please note completing the application does not guarantee acceptance for the vouchers, we will contact the referrer should we be unable to process the claim. Please ensure that you have completed the application in full to prevent any delays or an unsuccessful application.
Please note due to high demand it can take up to 10 working days for vouchers to be sent out.
Information for Professionals
We don’t want anyone to go hungry in Staffordshire as a result of COVID-19. Our District Family Hubs are helping to support individuals and families who need food and essential supplies as well as providing ongoing information, advice, guidance and support around local support for children and families, in response to COVID-19.
What is the Family Hub Assistance Grant?
- The Grant operates as an eVoucher Scheme for adults, with or without children, who are Staffordshire County Council residents and meet one or more of the eligible criteria.
- Any professional can support a referral by completing the Professionals District Family Hub Referral Form see link below, on behalf of an adults, with or without children. Please do not ask the individual and/or family to directly contact the District Family Hub if you are able to make the referral.
- eVouchers will be provided for use within designated supermarkets only and the amount awarded will be determined when the Professionals District Family Hub Referral Form has been fully processed.
- Any children who are receiving Free School Meals (FSM) will not be eligible for support at this time but members of the same household may be. This includes siblings, parents and grandparents.
- Eligible households can claim for a maximum of three weeks. The financial support provided will be in eVoucher form and will only be for use in selected supermarkets and not online, all vouchers must be redeemed in full when used.
- Please check that the resident has not already applied for this fund direct.
Who is eligible?
Adults, with or without children, who are a Staffordshire County Council resident and meet one or more of the below may be eligible for eVouchers:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Child Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- No Recourse to Public Funds
- Gypsy, Roma, Traveler
- Furlough(where income is less than £400.00 per week, evidence will be required from a payslip before furlough claim and a current payslip)
- Recently Unemployed – P45 can be used as evidence
- Dependent child living at home, under the age of 16 years with a child/children.
- Staffordshire County Council Care Leaver – Application to be completed by professional working with care leaver
- Staffordshire County Council, Children’s Social Care
- Family Crisis or Exceptional Circumstances
As a professional, if you believe an adult(s), with or without children do not meet the above eligibility but you believe they require help with access to food and essential supplies you are still able to make a referral where you are asked to outline your reasons for the referral.
Any children who are receiving Free School Meals (FSM) will not be eligible for voucher support at this time but members of the same household may be. This includes siblings who reside at home more than 4 days per week and parents and grandparents if they reside in the same house as the claimant. Eligible households can claim for a maximum of three weeks. The financial support provided will be in eVoucher form and will only be for use in a supermarket and not online, all vouchers must be redeemed in full when used.
The supermarkets available for the voucher scheme are: -
- Marks and Spencer
Vouchers can be provided via email or text only, please ensure the resident has access to an email account or smart phone to enable receipt of these. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to provide a collection point locally or send them to the professional who submitted the claim to distribute.
This link is for completion by professionals only who are working with a resident or identified a resident who would benefit for this support, applications made direct by residents using this link will be declined.
You can apply on our online form.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if the resident/s are not eligible for a voucher?
We will contact the professional who completed the application to inform them that it has been unsuccessful and the rational as to why this decision has been made. In these instances each local Family Hub social media page has details of how to access local food banks and any other local community support for food and essential supplies. The professional can then contact the resident/s to support them to access this.
How much will they receive and when will they receive them?
Each eligible claimant can receive £15.00 per week for a maxim of 3 weeks, (£45.00 per person), this will be paid upfront as one payment once the referral has been approved and within 5 working days.
Please note the information you provide will be processed by Staffordshire County Council in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. You can find out more about how we will use your personal information here.