New Era - Support for Victims
New Era is the holistic Domestic Abuse (DA) service operating across Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent. Offering help to all those affected by domestic abuse in Staffordshire or Stoke-on-Trent, New Era provides free and confidential support for victims, perpetrators and their families.
Support for victims
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, specialist help is available for all victims when they need it most. The service also provides a live web chat facility, which can be accessed day or night (details in Getting Help section).
New Era aims to end relationship abuse through a wide range of individual and group support for adults, children and young people (aged four to 17), for as long as they need it. New Era staff are able to help you, whether you’ve made a report to the police or not.
A range of advocacy services are provided, including help with: obtaining a non-molestation and other orders; housing issues and access to refuge and other emergency accommodation; advocacy with the police and other statutory services; child contact matters and court visits; accessing counselling and a range of other services. New Era has dedicated specialist advisers working exclusively with LGBT+ (Lesbian Gay Bi-sexual Transgender), BAMER (Black Asian Minority Ethnic and Refugee) and male victims.
More information about the New Era victim services can be found in a series of leaflets which are available to download from the Victim Support website.
Please note: All children aged 17 years and under must be referred through the Neutral Front Door - please see separate page for information about New Era's support for children.
- Call 0300 303 3778 and speak to someone now.
- Alternatively, if you’d like to chat remotely to New Era, you can do this now by live chat.
- Complete the secure online web form to refer to New Era.
- Agency referrals can be made through the above online referral form or by emailing a completed referral form to firstname.lastname@example.org (referral forms found in ‘Downloads’ section)
- For general enquiries about New Era’s Children and Young People services, please email: new-eraCYP@victimsupport.org.uk
- View the New Era website
Free online training
New Era provides a range of free online Domestic Abuse Awareness Training sessions for any business and organisation across Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent.
Bookings can be made through Eventbrite.